Vector Graphic Design...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by terrordemon, Oct 19, 2007.

1. terrordemon macrumors member

Do you guys think it's going to eventually be made? By this I mean a program for the iPhone (or iPod Touch) that is basically like a mini-Illustrator, which would allow people to "sketch" vector drawings, on their iPhone, on the go

it would kind of be my dream (and the thing that would push me over the edge to get one). have there been any rumors of anything like this? (i can dream but maybe an adobe iPhone suite???)

2. boss1 macrumors 6502a

boss1

It's very possible that very simple image editors may be available or developed shortly after Apple releases the SDK in February.

I don't realistically see any intense image editing software coming simply because the rendering process for some effects and the constant manipulation of large psd type files would drain the iPhone battery extremely fast. But then again anything is possible.

3. kaeckisthename macrumors member

I don't think it would work right....how would you move the pen tool(or other drawing tool) around without adding an anchor point everywhere you touch on the screen.....you would have to constantly switch between hand tool & drawing tool......it would be great to have some kind of art app though

I see maybe a mini ArtRage program, kind of like finger painting, but a vector graphics software.....probably not

4. terrordemon thread starter macrumors member

kaeck i dont know what the problem would be with that. use the pen tool, put a point down + drag to make the handle. pick up your finger + put it down at the next point, drag handle, + repeat.

yes wherever you put your finger it would make a point (if on the pen tool) but i really dont see how/why that would be a problem. there would be a bar for tools (where you can put your finger) and a bottom bar would be pop-upable with the button

EDIT: and boss, vector =/= photoshop. illustrator is a vector design program, photoshop is an image editing program