Vehicle Docking Station!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by aztecaa, Apr 29, 2012.

1. aztecaa, Apr 29, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2012

aztecaa macrumors newbie

I have 3 vehicles: I would like to keep the stock radios in and buy some sort of docking station that could be connected to each vehicle, possibly through the existing radio!
    That way I can set my iPad or iPhone in what ever vehicle I drive and remove it so it doesn't get stolen.
    Is there anything for that kind of set up out there? Be nice to answer phone calls and hear through the speakers.
    Thanks

2. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Nowhere near enough details in your OP. Please provide make, model and year. You can hit up the manufacturers of aftermarket adapters for factory stereos to add aux in or iPod/iPhone interfaces. DICE, PAC Audio, PIE, USA Spec and others make these.

As for docks, I use a ProClip device mount with a passthrough dock connector. You'd need a solution to run from the dock connector to however you intend to connect audio and power in your vehicle. I have a PAC IS75 in one car and the Kensington LiquidAux in the other. You'll also need a vehicle mount. ProClip makes these as well but I'd highly recommend looking at Panavise's brackets instead.

Also, don't overlook the countless existing vehicle mount threads for other ideas.

Bluetooth's good for that but may or may be relevant to your stock system. Again, there are aftermarket options.

3. turbo6shooter macrumors newbie