Velcro as back protector?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by travel4fun, Jul 12, 2010.

1. travel4fun macrumors member

Hi,

I saw a video of a guy who used velcro on his ipad so that it would stick at all kind of places.

The idea grew on me and I was wondering if any of you guys has tried velcro as a back protector? Just like the carbon or leather back from Steinheil.

I found this velcro tape at a Danish dealer.

http://www.disconetto.dk/shop/Image...mage=/images/h/h247180a-p.jpg&ProtectMessage=

Its 5 cm wide and covers almost the entire back of the phone.

The possibilities are endless... you can use it as a car mount, at your office or even with our stereo where the phone can hang on the wall.

I know that the soft side has to be on the phone and it might be blasphemy ;)

2. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I can't help but think this is just a terrible idea. You really want an Iphone with a fuzzy velcro backing?

Strange.

3. travel4fun thread starter macrumors member

It might be a bit strange, but I cant see how velcro is worse than some of the really thick and bumpy cases.

I think is worth a try. If I can find a piece of velcro tape big enough to cover the entire back of the phone I'll give it a try and let you guys know if it sucks or is just plain awesome. Its one of the two things - not in the middle.

I love the idea of just putting my phone on the dashboard in my car ;-)