Vent Clip Car Mount

rpearlberg

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 22, 2010
I was looking at one of the vent clip car mounts for my iPhone. Are they safe to use while the heat and/or air is on?

If not, what are some other good mounts to use, mainly for Waze, etc...

jr866gooner

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2013
Have been considering this too. The phone I imagine gets warm enough with using gps/sat navigation!

taydan79

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2017
Thought the same thing as well. Went with the Rokform magnetic vent mount and I really like it. You don't need their case to use the vent mount but I got the case (Crystal) as well. The case also came with a dashboard mount so I now have 2 ways to mount my phone. Haven't had any issues with the heating or A/C. The vent mount does block the air flow of the vent I use.
Here's the link:
https://www.rokform.com/products/universal-vent-mount

Ryxmd

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2014
Any reason why you went that one over this cheaper version?

I guess this one wasn't available back then?
Your link isn't working. But seems like you're describing the airframe (non + version). I have a 7 Plus so I needed the airframe +.

Stefan johansson

macrumors 65816
Apr 13, 2017
Sweden
Guess it depends on what climate you use it in,I would not use a car vent mount in cold north European winters. The heat would most likely overheat the phone. Go for a good handsfree,and use the voice assistant in the phone,then you can put the phone where it's not getting overheated.
Of course I don't use the phone as car GPS,as I had a GPS installed permanently in the car before I had it delivered.