Vent Clip Car Mount

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by rpearlberg, Feb 23, 2017.

1. rpearlberg macrumors 6502a

I was looking at one of the vent clip car mounts for my iPhone. Are they safe to use while the heat and/or air is on?

If not, what are some other good mounts to use, mainly for Waze, etc...

2. jr866gooner macrumors 65816

jr866gooner

Have been considering this too. The phone I imagine gets warm enough with using gps/sat navigation!

3. taydan79 macrumors newbie

Thought the same thing as well. Went with the Rokform magnetic vent mount and I really like it. You don't need their case to use the vent mount but I got the case (Crystal) as well. The case also came with a dashboard mount so I now have 2 ways to mount my phone. Haven't had any issues with the heating or A/C. The vent mount does block the air flow of the vent I use.
    Here's the link:
    https://www.rokform.com/products/universal-vent-mount

4. rpearlberg thread starter macrumors 6502a

5. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

6. Ralfi macrumors 6502a

Ralfi

7. Ryxmd macrumors regular

Your link isn't working. But seems like you're describing the airframe (non + version). I have a 7 Plus so I needed the airframe +.

8. Ralfi macrumors 6502a

Ralfi

Sorry, yeah. Share link on Amazon App is no good...
    Kenu Airframe | Car Mount for Smartphones (Non Phablets) | Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00D901B4W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_HXnSyb15JAH7D

Non + version, so I understand why :)

9. Stefan johansson macrumors 65816

Stefan johansson

Guess it depends on what climate you use it in,I would not use a car vent mount in cold north European winters. The heat would most likely overheat the phone. Go for a good handsfree,and use the voice assistant in the phone,then you can put the phone where it's not getting overheated.
    Of course I don't use the phone as car GPS,as I had a GPS installed permanently in the car before I had it delivered.