Vent Mount

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by luckyblue, Aug 4, 2015.

1. luckyblue macrumors regular

luckyblue

I just got this great mount for my iphone! I've struggled with other mounts that need two hands to take the phone on and off. It's nice to be able to pick it up off of the mount at any given moment. The magnets are very strong so the phone is secure. The springs for the vice are strong too so it holds well to your vent. This will be very convenient for me because I travel for work and this will work for any rental car, and is very small so it doesn't take up a lot of space in my travel bag. I put the metal piece between my case and my phone and was surprised at how thin and unobtrusive it is. I haven't used the sticker yet so that I could test out exactly where I want it first, it seems to sit well without moving around. I plan to get another one of these for my wife's car!

http://www.amazon.com/Mount-iOttie-...1_4?&s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1438700702&sr=1-4

IMG_1039.JPG IMG_0045.JPG IMG_0046.JPG IMG_0048.JPG

2. FD180 macrumors newbie

FD180

I've used a magnet mount like this before and it sucked. Went over a speed bump and the damn thing dropped my phone and cracked the screen :(

3. Hustler macrumors 6502

Hustler

I love the concept of a vent about the pops in and out easily and can swap between different vehicles. However as a car guy I know that air coming out of the vent can be very hot if it's set to full heat in the winter. We're talking 190°+ Vent temp on some cars with hot heaters. This will do terrible things shooting directly onto the phone itself. So you would have to close that event to minimize airflow hitting the phone.
    On the other side in the summer when you use the air conditioning the phone will be blocking a significant part of the vents that will be shooting cold air on to you. When I get hot I need all the air and get LOL.

4. FD180 macrumors newbie

FD180

190°+!!!!!!!! You have some hot ass cars where you're from and at that temperature, surely it's unsafe to drive?

We don't have the heat that high here in the UK as it never gets that cold to need that much heat and it also doesn't get that hot to need intense A/C haha!

Vent mounts work great here in the UK and I know that yes excessive heat can potentially damage the phone but A/C is good for the phone if anything.

I picked up a phone vent mount a couple of weeks back called the Spiderpodium. Works really well!

Hustler, which mount do you use or don't you use one?

5. Hustler macrumors 6502

Hustler

It's not 190 by the time the air reaches you, but believe it or not the actual temp right at the vent can be extreme! Hondas seem to generate the most heat from the vents, one I owned once was so hot an ex girlfriend simply referred to it as "a ridiculous amount of hot" lol.
    The mount I have is not a vent type, but one that fits into the cd slot. I have a six disk changer so don't have to remove it often to switch disks. Here's a link: http://www.amazon.com/Mountek-nGroove-Universal-Phones-Devices/dp/B004G1L52Q

6. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Not if you're in a humid climate.

7. luckyblue thread starter macrumors regular

luckyblue

It's been working really well for me. I just went on a business trip and used it in the rental car. It's so easy to use and the springs are strong so it stays really well. I liked it so much that I got one for my wifes car too.

IMG_1061.JPG IMG_1066.JPG IMG_1067.JPG

8. Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

What would that have to do with it? The hole idea of climate control is to change the climate in the car. It only takes a short time for it to change the interior temp. It also drys the air in the car, that is why I leave it on all year round because it stops the car windows fogging up in winter.

9. joevan macrumors newbie

Thanks! Will see. I have a iOttie One Touch in my car for six months, works great.

10. brianbunge macrumors 6502

brianbunge

It's possible that you could be confusing 190F with 190C...