Venting about how Apple dealt with my iPhone3GS order

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chrismac00, Jun 16, 2009.

  1. chrismac00 macrumors 6502a

    Dec 17, 2007
    Well I had originally ordered the iPhone 3GS in white 16GB on Monday, June 8th, just minutes after the keynote.

    Then I decided that for $100 more I could have a 32GB and even change the color that I now wanted which was black.

    So I decided to call Apple, on hold for about one hour so that I could ask them if it was possible to change my order. I was guaranteed that I could simply cancel my order and place another order instantly. I was really happy and went along with the cancellation. She reassured me that it was the only thing that she could do and that she was 100% sure that I could place another order.

    I go to the Apple Store online website, reenter my data and get this error message, " We are sorry. At this time, this account cannot be upgraded. Please visit an AT&T store for more account details."

    So, after being completely destroyed of this news I called Apple back, which took another hour on hold, just so they could tell me that I would have to call AT&T.

    Judging that it was a Sunday, I knew I couldn't call AT&T and so did the Apple CS. So I waited the next day to call AT&T.

    Yesterday, Monday June 15th, I called AT&T and I was happy I had to wait a mere 2 minutes for them to answer. Explaining them my long story, they told me that Apple had to call them and tell them that the order was canceled and that I would be placing another order.

    So I decided to call back Apple, which was still on Monday, waiting an hour again, just so the CS rep could tell me that it would take 24 business hours for my eligibility to be renewed and so that I could place an order.

    So I waited more than 24 hours, attempted today and nothing. Same error message and everything. Furious, I called Apple back and told them everything that had happened. Now they tell me that it will take 5 to 7 business days for my eligibility to renew. I demanded to speak to a supervisor since someone on the forum said this had happened to them and that it was fixed immediately. The supervisor only said that he was sorry and it would take 5 to 7 days. Nothing else.

    Now I am going to be without my iPhone for my whole vacation, even though i even pushed it back from this Thursday to Friday, just so I could receive my iPhone. I am really disappointed with everything that Apple told me and what their actions were. I really expected great things from them.

    I only canceled because I was told that I could simply reorder. I was lied to and now I have to pay back for what they told me I could do.

    Has anyone had this happen to them yet. ?
  2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604


    Aug 28, 2007
    San Francisco California, USA
    Hasn't happened to me YET, but then again I've never changed my mind about which iPhone I wanted to pre-order.....:(
  3. soonerfan macrumors member

    Jun 15, 2009
    I did the same thing. I ordered right after the keynote. The next day, I decided I wanted the 32GB so I canceled and reordered. It went through fine though. I've been on Prepared for Shipment status for 2 days.
  4. chrismac00 thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Dec 17, 2007
    Yeah I don't understand Apple. Oh well. I just read another thread about an "upgrade swap" that you could do if you have a family plan and the other line is eligible. So thats what I did. I just ordered a new 32GB black iPhone 3GS with MobileMe. :)
  5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604


    Aug 28, 2007
    San Francisco California, USA
    Good to hear; keep us posted....:cool::cool::cool:
  6. natasha69 macrumors 6502

    Jul 24, 2007

    I wouldn't blame Apple. ATT probably told them that the status in their system automatically would change back. ATT also had the error where it blocked a lot of us from upgrading because of the family text plan. ATT right now is acting out quite a bit and not being very "helpful" in the process. I would go into an ATT store and present your case. Apple has its hands tied by ATT who seems to not be updating your status in real time...
  7. nippyjun macrumors 65816

    Jul 26, 2007
    Ditto, but ordered on the 8th and changed it on the 10th and still stuck on prepared for shipment since saturday.
  8. mikey28 macrumors 6502

    Aug 6, 2008
    While I sympathize with you because you want an iPhone like the rest of us.

    YOU are the one who changed her mind and screwed up the process. You probably should have just waited til your phone came, and then made a PHYSICAL exchange....
  9. chrismac00 thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Dec 17, 2007
    Who's mind did I change?

    I changed my own mind and I didn't screw up the process AT&T/Apple did. A physical exchange would take at least a week after the initial release because of high demand.
  10. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

    Jun 21, 2007
    You waited 6 days to change your mind about a product that was now just 4 days away?
  11. chrismac00 thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Dec 17, 2007
    And the problem is..........

Share This Page