Venting out about the white iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mabazzaba, Sep 22, 2010.

1. mabazzaba macrumors newbie

I sold my 3G the day before the iPhone 4s came out and waited in line for 10 hours with the hope that a white one would be available. Now I'm stuck with this phone that has a colorless screen (like the original Gameboy) and I'm still paying my iPhone bill so I don't lose my unlimited data plan. I swear SWEAR SWEAR, if the white iPhone doesn't come out by mid October, I'm switching to Metro PCS until the iPhone comes out for Verizon in January(ish). :mad: Phew, just had to get that off my chest. :eek:

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

3. trekkie604 macrumors 65816

trekkie604

4. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

You know what they say...

5. mrathee macrumors 6502

\

That blows.

6. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

You're probably gonna be waiting just as long for a Verizon iPhone as you are a white one, probably even longer. And anyway, it's a manufacturing (Apple) issue that white hasn't come out. Not an AT&T issue.

7. langers2010 macrumors member

Well I would say that it serves you right because I am pretty certain that Apple specifically said that the white iPhone 4 would not be available at launch.

8. mabazzaba thread starter macrumors newbie

I carried around a black iPhone for 2 years. I have nothing against it, but there's something about having a black iPhone for 1/20th of my lifetime that just doesn't feel right, jk. The white one has a grasp over me that I can't break free from.

9. mabazzaba thread starter macrumors newbie

True, but I was with Verizon before I was with AT&T and I never had dropped calls or poor service in my area. So I figure, if I'm going to be waiting this long, I might as well go back to a carrier that's been tried and true for me.

10. Roo Zilla macrumors regular

Why don't you just get the black one, and when the white one comes out, sell the black one and buy a new white one. Whatever loss you might take should be mitigated by the fact you get to actually use your $30 a month data plan.

11. err404 macrumors 68020

If you really want to be in Verizon anyway, why is this even an issue? You've spent 1/20 of you life on a carrier that provides poor service in your area. That seems far more relevant then the color of the handset.

12. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

13. RuggedPro macrumors regular

Are you going to be putting a case on your unicorn? If so, who cares what color it is?

14. deeddawg macrumors 604

What is the reason you haven't bought a decent 3GS on craigslist to use while you wait? If you're savvy about buying you likely will be able to resell it for pretty close to what you paid. Even if you lose $50 in the exchange (unlikely if you're any good) that's less expensive than throwing away $30/month for an unlimited data plan you're not using.

15. Savor Suspended

Savor

+1

I think the OP needs to realize the carrier can play a major role in the decision. People who sign 2-year contract are not only being tied to the phone, but the service.

My stepdad got the original and 3G iPhone back in 2008. First time he made the switch to AT&T after being a long time customer to Verizon. Loved iPhone, hated AT&T. While Verizon sounded like a landline, AT&T would drop his calls every single day. He lives in the hills out in Yorba Linda. AT&T is crappy in that area. He went back to Verizon after eight months with AT&T and never looked back. He is in real estate and has to deal with clients, so reception and coverage is very important to him. It's not a game and he's not buying an iPhone because it makes a great toy for downtime. He went to the badly reviewed BB Storm which still acted like a better "phone" than his iPhone. Now is on Droid X and loves it. Kept the iPhone for games, an iPod, and such. The iPhone he still uses when he travels overseas or when he "drops the children" every morning. ;D

So moral of the story to the OP is to look at it 50/50 between the actual device and carrier. It is marriage to both. You can love iPhone with all your heart, but loathe AT&T because they drop more calls or the coverage might be worse. That overall experience won't be pretty. It is like marrying a beautiful wife, but the in-laws you can't stand have to live with you to make life a living hell.

16. mabazzaba thread starter macrumors newbie

I actually thought about that, but never looked into it. After I purchase a black one for $200 or $300 with a 2 year renewal and sell it, how much would the next one cost?

We are a special breed.

I'll only be using a bumper if anything.

At first, Apple said the white one would come out later that month. It wasn't until later that they told us they'd push the date back even further and by then I've been a little too busy to search craigslist for that desperate seller.

I live in Yorba Linda also! There are other factors that keep me on AT&T though, such as the fact that I get 30% off my monthly bill because a friend of mine works for the company, Verizon is pretty expensive, I like how I can just take out the SIM card and use any other AT&T phone if I have to, etc. But like I said, I just might end up switching back.

17. Roo Zilla macrumors regular

Your next one would probably cost $600-700, you can probably sell a slightly used iPhone 4 for around the same.

18. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

I feel your pain man, I waited until this past Sunday and then I just gave in a bought a black one - while I don't regret it cause it's an incredible phone, I do still really want the white one. I'm actually having a lot of problems with my proximity sensor eventhough I'm on 4.1 so if that problem isn't solved in 25 days i'll just return this one and hope that the white one doesn't have that problem.

19. mtnDewFTW macrumors 6502a

You might already know this, but the white iPhone is JUST like the black one ;)
    And I wouldn't count on it, I'm pretty sure that the white iPhones won't be out til his holiday season.

20. plusonechoi macrumors member

if you want a white one that bad, you can buy the black one convert it, there are quite a few conversion kits for sale that can make it a white one.

21. Lingham macrumors regular

Agreed - Im sure this was the case as well.

22. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

Are you delusional? No one confirmed anything about a Verizon iPhone. Stop your wishful thinking.

23. milamber macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Just buy a black one

24. durawraps macrumors member

isn't whats inside that is important? if its not there are so many white replicas from china :D

25. isx macrumors member

There's no need to resurrect dead threads!!!!!!!

Zombie thread is back from the dead!
    :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(