Ventrillo

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by maxbgood, Aug 27, 2011.

1. maxbgood macrumors newbie

WHY HELLO

I have a mac school laptop, and i raid with my guild in world of warcraft :p We use ventrillo, and i cannot install anything on my laptop. So there for i cannot use vent on my school mac. Are there any things i can do about this...? Like, download a fake ventrillo that i dont hafto install on my HD. Any help would be appreciated. :) :apple::apple::apple:

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

It is not your laptop, therefore you can't install things that the owner of the laptop doesn't want on it. One solution would be to buy your own computer.

3. maxbgood thread starter macrumors newbie

Its a school laptop that im barrowing for the year

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Exactly. It's the school's laptop, not yours. If you want to install your own software, get your own computer.

5. pembs macrumors newbie

To add to what others have already stated, the school gives you a computer for a certain time for educational purposes. The purpose of third party software, in this case Ventrillo, is installed to reduce potential threats from viruses or malware or anything and to prevent uneducational usage. If you must, purchase your own computer but based on this thread I would assume you're in your early teens so I'd say wait it out.

6. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...and also to add - I'd guess that when the school gave you the laptop you had to sign some kind of agreement and/or terms of use. I suggest reading through it again as violating it might, at very least, result in them taking the laptop away from you, leaving you with nothing....oh yeah!