Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amenityelk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2020
NYC
hey all, wondering if anybody else has noticed this: up until Ventura, calendar notifications displayed a countdown to the event start time, like "in 5m." On Ventura, this is no longer shown in the notification, which is sort of annoying.

Does anybody know if there's a way to enable this? Attached some screenshots for the same event's notification: one from my iMac running Big Sur, the other from my MBP running Ventura.

Thank you!

Big Sur:
Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 2.26.08 PM.png

Ventura:
Screenshot 2022-12-01 at 2.27.11 PM.png

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
Looks like it's still there if you change the notification type to banner.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-01 at 12.31.30 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-01 at 12.31.30 PM.png
    42.1 KB · Views: 90

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
This is what I have. To get the earlier screenshot, just clicked on banners.

Attachments

• cal.png
    cal.png
    137.1 KB · Views: 81

thisiscarol

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2023
That's so bizarre... I tried that but it still looks the same.

View attachment 2121915

Could you possibly screenshot your notification settings?
The countdown timer *is* missing from Calendar alerts - I noticed it as soon as I upgraded to Ventura. Banner won't work because banner only stays up on the screen temporarily and disappears automatically. I have not found a setting parameter that will restore the alert countdown. I hope Apple will restore this popular and useful feature. Right now I have to do the calculation myself -- looking at the meeting time, looking at the clock, ....

Somnesis

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2015
Yes this is a terrible, terrible regression and I sorely miss it :(

Has anyone found another calendar app that does this countdown as a notification?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.