Verbal Text commands with Messages

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Clint1583, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Clint1583 macrumors regular

One of the things I really like about my Apple Watch is the ability to give quick and fairly accurate text message dictation from my watch. When it works correctly it tends to be pretty darn accurate.

Problem is, many times I end up standing there talking to my watch in the middle of the grocery store or some other place and it won't except my verbal texts, just a blank screen.

Is there a reason why this works great some times and not during other times? I thought maybe it was a wi-fi only thing but many times I've had it work fine while outdoors far from any wi-fi. Does it possibly need a certain level of coverage such as 4G to work? That might explain why many times when it doesn't work I'm in a bad coverage area such as inside a building.

Any thoughts?

2. angrytoothbrush macrumors regular

angrytoothbrush

Do you find that the common denominator is your being inside or the fact that you are potentially surrounded by people who are also creating background noise?

3. Clint1583 thread starter macrumors regular

I've had it not respond pretty much in every type of situation. I'm guessing it happens maybe 10% of the time. I'll have to pay closer attention to the signal straight next time it happens.