Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saladiro

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 7, 2007
New York
Hi all, I have the 3gs, which u can say "call bob" at the push of a button. To do it for voice mail I just say " call voicemail" right. This does not seem to work

I have tried like 10 times

Please help

sidewinder

macrumors 68020
Dec 10, 2008
Northern California
Is "call voicemail" suppose to be a command?

If you want that to work, create a contact with the first name of "Voicemail" and set the phone number to your iPhone's number.

S-

saladiro

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 7, 2007
New York
Is "call voicemail" suppose to be a command?

If you want that to work, create a contact with the first name of "Voicemail" and set the phone number to your iPhone's number.

S-

tks... I am not sure why or where I heard it, but I thought you could just say "call voicemail" but I guess not (unless doing it your way)

rjohnstone

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2007
PHX, AZ.
Perhaps I'm missing something, but why would you "call voicemail" on an iPhone? :confused:

I see you're in the US, so I will assume you're on AT&T which would mean you have Visual Voicemail.
Visual Voicemail downloads your messages to the phone, so there's no need to make call at all.

saladiro

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 7, 2007
New York
Perhaps I'm missing something, but why would you "call voicemail" on an iPhone? :confused:

I see you're in the US, so I will assume you're on AT&T which would mean you have Visual Voicemail.
Visual Voicemail downloads your messages to the phone, so there's no need to make call at all.

what I mean is, that you can hold down the home button for like 2 seconds and say "call Bob", is there a way to get voicemail e.g. "call voicemail", if thats it it has not worked on my phone

lindsayanng

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2008
East Haven, CT
and what HE is saying is.. why would you ever need to call your voice mail considering we all have visual voicemail (at least in the US on ATT).

I have not called my voicemail since i got my iphone

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.