Verbal voicmail

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by saladiro, Nov 12, 2009.

1. saladiro macrumors 6502a

saladiro

Hi all, I have the 3gs, which u can say "call bob" at the push of a button. To do it for voice mail I just say " call voicemail" right. This does not seem to work

I have tried like 10 times

Please help

2. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

Is "call voicemail" suppose to be a command?

If you want that to work, create a contact with the first name of "Voicemail" and set the phone number to your iPhone's number.

S-

3. saladiro thread starter macrumors 6502a

saladiro

tks... I am not sure why or where I heard it, but I thought you could just say "call voicemail" but I guess not (unless doing it your way)

4. rjohnstone macrumors 68040

rjohnstone

Perhaps I'm missing something, but why would you "call voicemail" on an iPhone? :confused:

I see you're in the US, so I will assume you're on AT&T which would mean you have Visual Voicemail.
    Visual Voicemail downloads your messages to the phone, so there's no need to make call at all.

5. saladiro thread starter macrumors 6502a

saladiro

what I mean is, that you can hold down the home button for like 2 seconds and say "call Bob", is there a way to get voicemail e.g. "call voicemail", if thats it it has not worked on my phone

6. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

and what HE is saying is.. why would you ever need to call your voice mail considering we all have visual voicemail (at least in the US on ATT).

I have not called my voicemail since i got my iphone

7. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

I have dialed in for voice-mail on occasion. Mostly when I don't have my hands completely free. Like when driving.

S-