Verdict on carrier service in iOS 5 workaround (non-dev)?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by VTAb182, Jun 8, 2011.

1. VTAb182 macrumors regular

I'm interested in trying out the workaround for updating to iOS 5 without having a developer account. I read somewhere that some people are having issues with not being able to connect to their carrier (AT&T) after updating this way. One poster said it worked itself out after trying a phone call, but I've been unable to find any more info about this. If someone has direct answers do this, I would love to hear them.

To be more specific about it: does doing an "unsanctioned" update update the baseband from what it is on 4.3.3, will this mess up being able to connect to your carrier (if it does update the baseband), and will the baseband go back down if you do a DFU downgrade back to 4.3.3 (also if the baseband updates in the first place)? In other words, if updating to iOS 5 does cut your connection to your carrier, will downgrading solve the problem?

Thank you!

2. Hype2k2 macrumors 6502

Hype2k2

I can't speak from experience but looking at verified Devs they seem to still have signal. One you upgrade your baseband it cannot be downgraded.

Just wait or properly shell out the dev fees.

3. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga