Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tek

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 23, 2003
I have a brand new powerbook (12", combo, 1Ghz) and was trying to burn several CDs today. Every one of them burned completely, then get about half way on "verifying" and then the CD ejects and it says it failed. This has happened for 6 CDs in a row. Some of the CDs seem fine, but others give errors when I try and copy data off them.

Anyone have any advice? I'm using the same CDRs that used to burn fine on my old iMac. I don't want to have to send this back to apple - I need this computer for work and cannot be without it.

Woten

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2004
tek said:
I have a brand new powerbook (12", combo, 1Ghz) and was trying to burn several CDs today. Every one of them burned completely, then get about half way on "verifying" and then the CD ejects and it says it failed. This has happened for 6 CDs in a row. Some of the CDs seem fine, but others give errors when I try and copy data off them.

Anyone have any advice? I'm using the same CDRs that used to burn fine on my old iMac. I don't want to have to send this back to apple - I need this computer for work and cannot be without it.

I am new to this forum and I am experiencing a similiar problem. I have tried different type of cds. I am running on a G3 600 mhz imac with OS 10.1.5 & 768 mb of RAM. I have been able to write Itunes disk occasionally, but since I upgraded to 10.1.5, I have been unable to write data or music. When I get the "verifying" error, I get a system error 3. The apple knowledgebase really doesn't give a very descriptive definition of the error. Do I need to upgrade to Panther? Your help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.......

Woten

realityisterror

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2003
Snellville, GA
i had similar problems with a cdrw and the iMac (flatpanel) at our school... turned out my idiot "friend" had been playing frisbee with my cd while i was at the bathroom... needless to say, i had been bringing a flash project to school on the cdrw, and i learned the hard way to keep the file you burned on one of your computers... so did the idiot...

so, make sure you don't have any scratches... ask a friend for a new cdr of a different brand... also, have you tried the cdr that comes with your computer? if you don't have it, i know that my iMac came with a Verbatim brand cdr... try one of those. it'll be a dvdr if you have a superdrive, i believe... if that doesn't work... :(

reality

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.