verification fails on downloads

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Liam2008, Aug 16, 2008.

1. Liam2008 macrumors newbie

I have a new Macbook running OS 10.5.2 Right out of the box today I find two problems:

(1) ! am unable to successfully download software updates and receive "Digital signature incorrect, may have been tampered with" message. The software updates which fail are Mac software and operating system updates such as I Tune, QuickTime, and OS 10 update combined version 10.5.4.

(2) I also cannot successfully download software such as Firefox, Yahoo Messenger, or Skype and I get a "Verification Failed" message each time after agreeing to software license.

I will appreciate any suggestions. I searched this forum and found related problems but no solutions.

Thanks for any help!

Liam

2. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

It is recommended that you do a fresh install of the OS when you buy a new machine, insert your disk whilst holding down the C key at boot up, follow the install though do an erase & install ( you will also be able to customize the install ie don't install the printer drivers & additional languages if you don't need them) Try this first and if that doesn't work then id post back with any problems that are still their