Verified unlocked

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by scooter2525, Feb 25, 2011.

1. scooter2525 macrumors member

I have two 3GSs that I jailbroke. One using pwnage tool 4.2 and the other green pois0n. Cydia installed successfully. I wanted to unlock them so I could put them up on ebay for a bit more and so I used redsn0w 0.9.6rc8. I updated the baseban to the ipad baseban as suggested. After it had completed, I popped in a T-mobile (I was on at&t) sim card to see if the unlocked worked. All that came up was 1 bar (the tiny little one) and it didn't say anything about t-mobile. Did I miss something? Should the phones say t-mobile on them or how would I know if I did unlocked it?

2. you silly GOOSE macrumors member

in my experience, the phone does say T-Mobile or any other provider depending on the sim-card you are putting in.

are you sure you unlocked it? I unlocked a 3GS recently via redsn0w+iPad baseband, but the actual unlock was done with ultrasn0w through cydia.

search up an ultrasn0w unlock guide and try that

edit: see this link

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=4253

3. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

if it didn't say T mobile then what did it say?

4. scooter2525 thread starter macrumors member

5. kre62 macrumors 68000

Man, updating to the iPad baseband is the worst thing on earth for these phones. Reports of broken GPS PLUS the fact that you can never restore without a custom firmware again. I can't believe anyone would actually use this method. The people you sell these phones to are beyond screwed.

6. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Did you install Ultrasn0w?

7. qckslvrsiete macrumors regular

I'm pretty sure this is the right answer. I think redsnow just installs an unlockable baseband. You actually have to use install UltraSn0w to unlock the phone.

Also, you may want to verify whether or not GPS is still working on your phones as the iPad bb unlock is known to disable GPS on the phone. I'm sure you'd much rather disclose that up front when selling it than deal with PayPal disputes -- they're almost always going to side with the buyer.

8. scooter2525 thread starter macrumors member

Tried the GPS and it worked fine (no wifi or data). Just need to find a t-mobile sim card to make sure they work before I sell them. Unless having ultrasn0w. install is guaranteed that the phone is unlocked...

9. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

If your iphone has baseband 06.15. Installing Ultrasn0w 1.2 from Cydia guarantees that it is unlocked.