Verizon 100$(off) Smartphones (included iPhones) 2 yr contract

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by patt2k, May 1, 2014.

1. patt2k, May 1, 2014
    Last edited: May 1, 2014

patt2k macrumors regular

iPhone 5S 16gb (99.99$) 2 yr contract
    iPhone 5S 32gb (199.99$) 2 yr contract
    iPhone 5S 64gb (299.99$) 2 yr contract

Planning on buying it and your carrier is Verizon? well never seen Verizon selling it for that low ever.

Ends : May 12.

Enjoy!

2. MsRandall macrumors 6502a

MsRandall

3. mlmwalt macrumors 6502a

Looks good to me. Might get one for my ma, break it in for her, and then get a 6 for me once they come out. :D

4. eddiec312 macrumors 6502

eddiec312

Not bad. Seems they are trying hard to recover a lot of those users they lost last quarter.

5. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

They must really want to lock people in that two year contract to keep down the churn. Notice how they aren't offering $100 off for EDGE.

6. Voch, May 1, 2014
    Last edited: May 1, 2014

Voch macrumors member

Excellent. My upgrade date is Tuesday and I was going to re-up with Verizon anyway. I may just do the 32GB->64GB thing.

EDIT: is this online only? I was just going to wander into the Verizon store up the street and then go to the Apple Store for AppleCare+.

7. gaanee macrumors 6502a

Does Verizon pay ETF like T-mobile when you switch and what's their lowest plan?
    Last time when I checked both At&t and Verizon, At&t was cheaper monthly plan (though much lower data - 300MB) and also waived activation fee. Since most of the time I am near wifi, so it wasn't a big issue.

8. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

ATT and Verizon are about the same prices. Verizon does not pay ETF's.

9. patt2k thread starter macrumors regular

No they won't pay ETF.

Verizon has loyalty plan. 60$ 2GB/Unlimited Talk,Text.

You must first signup with regular plan then you can call them to get on Loyalty plan. Many people were able to get on it within just few days of service.

It might be also in corporate stores but idk about that for sure , if I was you I would do it online they will offer overnight shipping anyway.

10. Donia330i macrumors regular

What's the loyalty program? How does it work? Thanks

11. Voch macrumors member

Stopped at my local Verizon store to confirm a few things.

First, yes, the iPhone 5s is eligible for the $100 sale discount. My plan is to get a 32GB Space Gray 5s next week.

The discount is available at the physical store (wanted to make sure it wasn't an online-only sale) and to renewing Verizon customers (wanted to make sure it wasn't just for "new" customers).

The store I visited also says they sell AppleCare+ if you buy it before you leave the store with your new phone, so that should save me a trip to the Apple Store.

As for the Loyalty Plan...I just switched to it a week ago. $60/month for unlimited text and voice and 2GB of data. Caveats are: no tethering other devices for the 2GB of data (it only works on your phone), you have to re-up for a year (it DOES NOT add a year to your existing contract though) and (I think) you have to re-ask for this plan every year. To get this plan you'll have to call Verizon and ask for it, and no one knows the rules as to how to get it really...

12. patt2k thread starter macrumors regular

Just call Verizon and tell them you are paying to much and you would like to be put on a Loyalty plan.

It gives you : 2GB data , Unlimited Talk, Text:
    if you have any insurance add that to it and taxes about 5$ I guess.

it's good if you have 1 or 2 lines instead of paying about (100-120$) 1 line (160-180) for 2 lines you would be paying 60$/120$