Verizon 1GB extra data for free?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by theanimala, Sep 12, 2014.

1. theanimala macrumors 6502

Is this something people were aware of? Preordered my iPhone 6 from Verizonwireless.com at 3:30am, keeping my plan as it was (4GB Family Share). But the order confirmation email I received this morning from VZW says:

1 GB Additional Data for a limited time Free
    iPhone 6 64GB Silver XXX-XXX-XXXX - 1 GB Additional Data.
    1GB BONUS DATA/MO FOR 2 YRS Expires 09/12/2016

My account still only shows 4GB but I assume after the phone ships I will have 5GB for the next two years. Pretty happy for the unexpected gift. Not sure if the extra 1GB would have been applied if I purchased from Apple.com.

2. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68000

My situation is slightly different. Since i didnt get a subsidy, i went the edge route. But technically i signed a 2 year contract, that can be renewed as soon as i pay at least half the phone. So i was wondering also how that worked? Cause my email confirmation said nothing about the extra 1gb of data. And i have 5gb now, so do i get 6gb for buying an iphone and getting a contract? Or is that for those that qualified for a full upgrade? (Confused)

3. fjfjfjfj macrumors regular

I got the same 1GB free as well. I wasn't expecting it. I went from a normal two year contract to the Edge program this morning.

4. patt2k macrumors regular

Contract upgrades give you 1gb extra data for 2 years.

If you change your phone I think it will be gone.

Lets say you got 10 lines, 10 upgrades +10gb

5. chanc macrumors member

chanc

I got the 1Gb bonus data as well. I wonder when it kicks in ? My current plan does not show the extra 1Gb.

6. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

I'm sure it kicks in once the phone is activated.

7. chanc macrumors member

chanc

Yep, that's what I'm thinking as well.

8. vs17 macrumors newbie

What about through apple.com?

I waited too long to pull the trigger on an order, but would definitely like to receive the free 1gb bonus data. Ordering through Verizon is delayed until Oct 14, but ordering through Apple.com is still shipping on time. I want to order through Apple but am wondering if I would still qualify for the free data. Sales reps from either company did not know. Anyone try this?

9. griz macrumors 6502a

Just make sure you are already on the "More Everything" plan before upgrading the phone. Otherwise the 1GB promo will not apply.

10. rkuo macrumors 6502a

I got the 1GB after ordering through apple. I was already on More Everything.

11. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

It's a current promotion on the More Everything plan: a free GB for the duration of the 2-year agreement for every device activated.

12. theanimala thread starter macrumors 6502

When did it show up on your account? I'm on the more everything Talk Text 4GB and activated my iphone 6 two weeks ago and my account still only shows 4GB of data...

13. rkuo macrumors 6502a

Honestly I don't remember, but probably not more than a couple of days after I activated. At least a week ago by now.

14. Texxy macrumors 6502

Texxy

I updated three phones and have not received my extra data! Called and they said there is a problem with the system, shocker :confused:

Anyone else not promised their data yet?

15. McPc macrumors 6502

McPc

My Promotional extra 1GB of data showed up after I activated my phone. The Verizon dashboard shows an extra 1GB data bar that's described as "Shared Promotional Data"

16. fanchee macrumors 6502a

fanchee

Haven't seen mine yet either. I paid full price for the phone, didn't use an upgrade. And on my confirmation email, it was there in black and white, promising an extra 1gb free data.

I called in last week or so asking about it, the first idiot told me it was only if I used an upgrade. I said no, my email from Verizon stated otherwise. Asked to speak to a supervisor. She came on and said the first guy was wrong, and that it would appear in my next billing cycle. We'll see.:rolleyes:

17. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

Got mine the day I activated my wife's 6 on our share plan ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412380175.935495.jpg

18. matthew2926 macrumors 6502

My mom ordered a 5S and our whole family got the 1GB to share since we are on a family share plan.

19. Jeremy81 macrumors 6502

When I pre-ordered(the day pre-orders started) I requested to be upgraded to the 1GB plan so I could get the bonus data. I realized the day the phone arrived the rep hadn't got the plan added to my account as requested and when I called back to get it fixed I spent over 2 hours trying to get it applied. The CS agent spoke to 4 different departments and no one could get it added but I finally got transferred to tech support with the CS agent literally guaranteeing they would fix it but then hassled with tech for some time and he would only give 500MB saying the offer was now expired and that was the best he could do. I left a complaint on the followup survey and the full 1GB bonus was applied to my account a few days later.

20. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

Since I just upgraded 3 phones (myself, wife and daughter) I am getting an extra 3 GB per month which is extremely handy as I was always about hitting my 6 gig limit before that.

21. Resqu2 macrumors 6502a

I called Verizon about it not showing up on my account, lady said it would when I got my new phone at the end of this month but then she said she would just go ahead and add it. And she did, then I finally found my wife a 6 at an Apple Store and my data went up another 1gb.