Verizon $200 Trade-In - Has anyone been successful?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Claryella, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Claryella macrumors member

Nov 2, 2014
    My new iphone 6 will be delivered tomorrow, and I'm trying to figure out to get the promised $200 gift card from Verizon. I've heard of a lot of people being shorted on the trade-in value. Has anyone been successful without any hassle? I'm trying to figure out how to make this happen with endless calls & escalations. I just want the money I was promised.
  2. willmtaylor macrumors G3

Oct 31, 2009
    A Natural State
    Try this thread:

or this one:

or this one:

or this one:
  3. Corysxj88 macrumors newbie

Sep 11, 2014
    we got our phones, took her old Iphone 4s to our nearest Verizon store and they inspected it and gave us $200 towards our bill or to purchase accessories with. no hassle. very easy.
  4. KdParker macrumors 601

Oct 1, 2010
    There are some rules around getting full value for your phones. Like where you bought the phone from: ie: verizonwireless or a Verizon store.

Might be better to take it to a store to get credit.

But I got more ($300 ea) for my two iPhone5 on ebay. But that was back in late September.
  5. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

Feb 12, 2012
    If you don't care about the credit going directly to your verizon account, gives a check for $230 for 5s in good condition and $255 for excellent. I've sold an iPad 3 and the 5c to them and they have fast turn around and send you the check for the estimated price as long as your honest w the condition of the phone. I kept covers on iPad and phone so my devices were almost flawless.
  6. jdag macrumors 6502a

Jun 15, 2012
    Take the time to go to the store to return your old phone. I had 2 returns when I purchased 2 new 6s...

I mailed the 1st in on approx. 9/28...just received the credit the other day, so took about a month.

I took the 2nd to the store on approx. 9/30...and received the credit instantly against my account balance.
  7. perezr10 macrumors 6502a

Jan 12, 2014
    Monroe, Louisiana
    I successfully received $200 from trading in an old 8gb iPhone 4. I then immediately used the credit to buy some Beats Powerbeats 2's which were $200.

They did give me some hassle in the store first though. They said I had to do it online because I had already received the phone. I had to use the website and wait for them to send me the envelope which added a week to the process.
  8. Claryella thread starter macrumors member

Nov 2, 2014
    I have a 4, which isn't worth a lot. Have people had success trading them in at a store? I asked at a retailer and they said they could, but maybe a corporate store could?
  9. jldesutter83 macrumors regular

Oct 20, 2013
    I got my iPhone 6 on launch day. I traded in my 16gb 5s and they gave me $300 which paid for my 64gb 6. :)
  10. jerparker1 macrumors member

Sep 30, 2014
    Southeast, Iowa
    Traded in a 4 and got $200 for it. I mailed it to them and had the $200 email credit within 3 weeks. I applied it to my bill with no trouble at all.