Verizon 3rd Gen iPad with Canada Bell Mobility Micro sim Works HSPA+

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Lightwave50, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Lightwave50 macrumors newbie

I am a US citizen that was visiting my in-laws in Windsor Ontario. My father in law and myself went to the Bell Mobility Store to get a micro sim for my 3th Gen Verizon 64GB iPad for Bell's post paid flex plan.

I tried to use my name with my in-laws Canadian address and my US Visa card but their system would not accept it. I then tried to use my AMEX US card and it still was not accepted in their system. At this point, they used my father in law for the credit approval with my name, my email address, my US VISA card and their Canadian home address and the Bell Mobility system accepted it.

When I got back to their house, I put the Bell micro sim into my Verizon iPad while it was connected to iTunes at their house. Within a minute or so, the iPad went from "searching" to "Bell 3G". I ran a few speed tests around Windsor and I was getting between 12 to 20mb download and 2 to 4mb upload.

When I got back to the US in the evening, I put my Verizon micro sim back in the iPad while in our vehicle and within a minute or so, I was back on Verizon LTE.

2. rz-jacks macrumors member