Verizon 4.2.7 Untethered Jailbreak Release

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by DeChrii, Apr 29, 2011.

1. DeChrii macrumors member

So I just got the white iphone yesturday for verizon and stupid me, i upgraded to 4.2.7 not knowing there was no untethered jailbreak. Today luckily, I found a release!

I just did it and it works so give it a try! (It uses the orignal tethered jailbreak from redsn0w for 4.2.7 and adding a repo installing verizon untethered 4.2.7)

http://www.phonenews.com/untethered-jailbreak-for-verizon-iphone-now-available-16418/

HOPE THIS HELPS!

2. briankeith513 macrumors 6502a

briankeith513

Yeah, i did it last night, and it was quick and easy. :)

3. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

Just say no to @$@%#-ware. Pass.

I'll wait for a professional release from the iphone dev team.

4. briankeith513 macrumors 6502a

briankeith513

Just out of curiosity, did you try this and have issues? It was a fast and simple process for me, and I'm a noob. I haven't noticed any degradation in performance either.

Sent from my VZW iPhone using Tapatalk

5. terraphantm macrumors 68040

Don't worry about hackthatphone, based on a few posts I've observed here he has very strong and often baseless opinions. He attacks anything that doesn't agree with his view.

I highly respect the dev-team and their work, but they do occasionally have a few shortcomings. If someone else in the community picks up the slack, then I'm more than willing to use their software. If we never trusted other hackers, then we wouldn't have many of the more recent jailbreaks (limera1n, greenpois0n, all of comex's jailbreaks, and even the recent one was only possible thanks to i0nic)

6. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

People definitely have mixed feelings about ih8sn0w. Usually his stuff is just sanctioned and often unsanctioned ripoffs of the stuff other people do. He's also released his programs when they contain Apple copyrighted code, which is a huge no-no for the continued and future safety and freedom of jailbreaking.

At the same time, he's been the only one to provide a port to Windows of PwnageTool (even if it's buggy), as well as (apparently), the only person to port the untether for Verizon to the latest version of his tool.

7. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

8. iBradSTSC macrumors newbie

New to JB and Struggling.....

Hello,

I have been trying to JB white iPhone with 4.2.7 for a couple of days now. After reading that there was no JB for it, I stopped but now I need to get the tethered JB to work so I can update to an untethered one.

Here is the issue:

I am a Mac User and have redsn0w 0.9.6 RC14 with the ipsw for the CDMA iphone 4.2.7. When I open sedsn0w and try and browse for the ipsw file it locates it but when it processes it, there is an error.

Any help would be appreciated.

9. 700 sportsman macrumors newbie

10. DeChrii thread starter macrumors member

Your going to want to download 4.2.6 ipsw to do a tethered jailbreak for 4.2.7 using redsn0w. Then just follow the link i provided and add the repo.

11. Mvbalaj macrumors newbie

http://www.greenpois0n.biz/2011/04/jailbreak-verizon-iphone-4-on-427.html

12. iBradSTSC, Apr 30, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2011

iBradSTSC macrumors newbie

Thanks for the Help!!

I was able to get it done! Thanks for helping out! Now I just have to get familiar with Cydia and purchasing those apps. Wait... I just tried to reboot untethered and Cydia won't open. I booted tethered to get rid of the white icon, I will try and boot tethered to set the package for the untethered patch. I hope this works.

Update: The phone would not boot back up. I assume I did something wrong. I tried numerous times to restore it from itunes but it did not work. I was able to restore it from my wife's computer. Anyone have any ideas? Maybe I just don't understand the process, I used the JB-then used the package to update 4.2.7. I tried to power down and restart untethered, but it did not work. I am going to try again. Anyone have a good link for a tutorial for cydia, installing packages etc???

Update2: Found my error this time around. Everything works great!

13. briankeith513 macrumors 6502a

briankeith513

Lol, I see.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

14. chris2k5 macrumors 6502a

I had similar issues. Can you tell me what you did to fix it so I can fix it myself? Thanks

15. briankeith513 macrumors 6502a

briankeith513

16. iBradSTSC, May 6, 2011
    Last edited: May 6, 2011

iBradSTSC macrumors newbie

At first I didn't activate the untethered package from Cydia. I had to restore my iphone from my wife's computer then I did the JB again, rebooted tethered to get rid of the white Cydia icon, then downloaded the untethered package, once I did that I went into manage/packages and found the untethered package, and selected it. This caused it to activate an a green check appeared next to it. Then I rebooted untitled and it has worked ever since.

17. irDigital0l Guest