Carrier Verizon 5S options

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Italianblend, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me. My father has an android phone and is thinking about switching to Apple. He doesn't want to spend a lot of money and he doesn't need an up to date model. He likes the smaller size of the 5S. does Verizon still do two-year contracts with the subsidized phone price? I looked briefly on Verizon's website but it didn't seem to be an option. They just listed the monthly installment plan. Which, when I did the math, looked to be $449. (24 months at 18.74). That is really insane for a 3 year old model with a line that is eligible for an upgrade.

I have experience with AT&T, and I told him the 5S would probably be free for him if he signed a two-year contract. Was I mistaken?

Thanks.

Ps. I'm not sure what his data plan is, if that matters.

2. Dextux macrumors member

You can still get subsidized pricing ordering from Apples website or Best Buy. I did that exact thing with a 6s+ earlier this morning.

3. Italianblend thread starter macrumors 68000

Italianblend

Thanks. I didn't realize they did away with subsidized pricing through Verizon. That sounds odd to me. But whatever. Thanks for the help.