Carrier Verizon activation error

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by clihar, Sep 16, 2016.

1. clihar macrumors newbie

I'm pretty pissed get a phone on release day and can't even use it! I've been on the phone with Apple and Verizon all afternoon. Apple created a case with a senior engineer and it will hopefully be resolved tomorrow. How dissapointing!

Setting up new iPhone 7 + it asks for the last 4 of SSN and billing zip code for Verizon verification. I enter the correct information and it errors out with the following.

"Verizon Wireless was unable to verify your identity using the information you entered. It could be as simple as a typo. Please recheck your info and try again."

Any suggestions??

2. jrusso623 macrumors newbie

Hey im having the same exact issues.. Have you heard of any updates?

3. thegrants82 macrumors 65816

Mine fired right up when I used the sim that came with the iPhone 7. My old Verizon sim from my SE caused me the same problem.

4. UKFan643 macrumors regular

Saw a couple posts with this same problem. A few solved it by using an old zip code from years ago. For some reason, Verizon's system needed an old zip. Try any that you might have used before. Hopefully that works.

5. jrusso623 macrumors newbie

Im using the sim that came with the phone, and it won't get past the verify identity part. I been to apple and verizon today and they couldn't do anything. Im currently using the SIM that was activated in the iPhone 7 plus on my iPhone 6. Since it was activated, it worked as soon as i put it into my 6. No matter what I try on the iPhone 7 plus, I can't get past the part where you enter the Zip and SS number because it says unable to verify identity.

So frustrating!

6. Mjsavage macrumors member

My wife's would work got through all the steps but wasn't activated on Verizon had service but didn't say Verizon. Put the sim in from her 6 and worked fine.

7. jrusso623 macrumors newbie

I saw this to, I tried and no luck.

I also got my phone from the apple upgrade program for home delivery. I think it has some type of connection because a rep in apple said they had the same issue yesterday but they fixed it by canceling the order and re doing it. They couldn't do that for me because my pre order was for home delivery and not in store pick up
    --- Post Merged, Sep 17, 2016 ---
    I got it to Work!!!!!!

Enter in 0's for all information so you zip would be 00000 and SS would be 0000

Someone posted in another forum that apple emailed them and it worked for them as well!!