Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

0r30

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 12, 2010
Texas
I was curious to know if people added a new line in order to reserve a phone online for pick up. I have missed several chances of getting a Iphone 6+ bc I am not able to buy outright on Apples website and if I try to upgrade I get an error. Might be bc of my unlimited data plan.

So my question is has anyone added a new line then once at the apple store canceled it then paid full price for the phone?

ROLLTIDE1

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2012
I was curious to know if people added a new line in order to reserve a phone online for pick up. I have missed several chances of getting a Iphone 6+ bc I am not able to buy outright on Apples website and if I try to upgrade I get an error. Might be bc of my unlimited data plan.

So my question is has anyone added a new line then once at the apple store canceled it then paid full price for the phone?

Is it worth the credit hit ?

dcharleyultra

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2013
Verizon- Add a Line to reserve?

I did this. However, in order to exchange, the Apple Store had to go through with the order, then cancel it. And finally redo for device only.

I was fortunate. The first manager told me it couldn't be done. About an hour later, another manager (store lead??) told me to trust her. I gave her a hug and everything went as planned.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.