Verizon Air Card

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Delta608, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Delta608 macrumors regular

Delta608

Is it possible to use a Verizon Air Card on a MacBook MBpro..?? If using VmFusion, is there an adapter to plug the thing into a Notebook..?? If not, any Mac equivalents..?? :confused:

2. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

VZ Access Manager works for mac. Just download it for free and you're set.

3. Delta608 thread starter macrumors regular

Delta608

Thanks, just D/L'd it...How to I get by the Verizon PC card plugging or tethering into a MacBook..??

4. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

It should give you the option to select your type of device. I have only done this 2 times, however, and don't remember the setup procedure.:eek: You do have your aircard and can connect it when it prompts you for it, right? Cause you will need to do that during setup. There are instructions somewhere on the site that will walk you though it though.

5. Delta608 thread starter macrumors regular

Delta608

What Im trying to say is, I have a Verizon Broadband Air card supplied by my company that works in my PC Toughbook...I am thinking of purchasing a MacBook when the new ones come out...But, in the present MacBooks and MacBook Pros there are no "PC Slots" to accommodate an air card...Is there some sort of adapter that could be purchased or some sort of tethering..The Verizon site does not mention Mac as being compatible...

6. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

Oh, in that case someone else will have to help you, sorry! I would think that there could be some form of adapter. (My wireless modem is USB.) Good luck.:eek: Someone should show up here and help you though.

7. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

I think your gonna have to get a usb aircard or an express card (if you get a mbp)

8. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

Just have your company give that card to someone else and order you a USB version that works with any computer. Most have Mac drivers these days.

Cheers.

9. Fonzijr1964 macrumors 68000

Fonzijr1964

They used to make a usb PC card drive / external slot but not any more usb or bust sorry

10. Delta608 thread starter macrumors regular

Delta608

Can two devices (a USB, If I bought it on my own) and the PC version share a phone number or whatever is is that makes em unique...?? The company would not buy a USB version as they have the PC Air Cards literally by the hundreds..

11. Fonzijr1964 macrumors 68000

Fonzijr1964

no they cant share the same "number" or identification

12. Delta608 thread starter macrumors regular

Delta608

Then that about covers it !!!! Thanks Fonzi :mad: