Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lykbutta

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 16, 2014
Good afternoon everyone. I noticed on the Verizon website that pre orders will start at 8am eastern time. Not sure if I’m liking that as other companies are starting at 2am eastern that same day. Been thinking about moving over to the Apple upgrade program. Has anyone done this while they were in the middle if the Verizon one, if so, how does that work or is it even possible.

Packers1958

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2017
South Dakota
Good afternoon everyone. I noticed on the Verizon website that pre orders will start at 8am eastern time. Not sure if I’m liking that as other companies are starting at 2am eastern that same day. Been thinking about moving over to the Apple upgrade program. Has anyone done this while they were in the middle if the Verizon one, if so, how does that work or is it even possible.
Apple says preorders start at 5 am PDT, 8 am EDT. I can guarantee that the other companies will change their time too as Apple won't let preorders start before they start taking preorders.

lykbutta

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 16, 2014
Apple says preorders start at 5 am PDT, 8 am EDT. I can guarantee that the other companies will change their time too as Apple won't let preorders start before they start taking preorders.

Ahhhhh gotcha.

NYCValkyrie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2019
They are 2 different programs so you are basically just going to pay off the Verizon device and do what you want with it (sell it, use as back up, give it to a family member). You would need to sign up as a new enrollee for the Apple Upgrade Program through Citizen's One bank. You can pre-qualify for a loan no via the Apple Store App. You can not trade in a device from a different program and enroll in the AiUP.

Reactions: lykbutta
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.