Verizon Apple Watch Series 4

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by smf72, Sep 23, 2018.

1. smf72 macrumors regular

Is anyone else having issues activating LTE on a series 4 from VZW. I tried to transfer my series 3 over and no service. Verizon says it is a network issue with the watch and could take 3-5 days to solve. So frustrated spent over 3 hours on the phone.

2. dcpmark macrumors 6502a

It’s been all over these threads….. apparently there was a batch of watches where the e-sims didn’t get into Verizon’s system. Some people have had luck resolving their issue, others were unable to get help when they called Verizon. The Verizon watch I picked up yesterday from the Apple Store worked perfectly..... perhaps you could get an exchange easily?

3. smf72 thread starter macrumors regular

That's the problem the esim is not registering? How did people solve it with Verizon?

4. burgman macrumors 68000

burgman

Doesn't apply to your situation, I spent 1.5 hours on phone with Verizon trying to activate my series 4. Finally I told them to cancel order then discovered the cell activation in the watch app on phone. Literally 2 minutes to activation on my account. I noticed there was an option to transfer another phone number in the process.

5. exgymnast macrumors member

exgymnast

I spent 4 hours on the phone with Verizon to no avail with this issue. Under "cellular" on the watch app on my phone, it says activating with the spinning circle of death. Was told that they would call me back within 72 hours as the tier 2 tech had to send the problem to an engineer. As soon as a swap is available I will be doing that. Major fail on this one!

6. smf72 thread starter macrumors regular

They gave me the same bull excuse as well. We shall see

7. iwayne macrumors 6502

iwayne

Been able to activate mine but my wife's will not activate

8. Dmal99 macrumors 6502

Mine says Verizon under cellular on the watch but also “no connection “. Is this that ?

9. smf72 thread starter macrumors regular

Thats's it. Did you try and activate it? Can some one point me to a thread with others having the same issue I cant find it. Thanks

10. exgymnast macrumors member

exgymnast

I haven't been able to find a thread either. I thought that it was just me. Would love to know how to fix this if possible.

11. smf72 thread starter macrumors regular

12. smf72 thread starter macrumors regular

Finally Verizon solved the issue! If you are upgrading from a previous series 3 with LTE VZW needs to actually discount that line and create a new number. The watch activated itself right away.

13. exgymnast macrumors member

exgymnast

I actually had aleady done that and it still didn't work. I exchanged my new iPhone XS today as it was having some issues too. Once I paired the same watch to the new phone, the LTE is now working! The problem was the phone not the watch!

14. Damn Dirty Ape macrumors regular

Damn Dirty Ape

I'm up to 3 hours on the phone with vzw now. Now my former aw3 won't activate lte. It was working fine before I tried to put the aw4 on. Apple points finger at vzw and vice versa. Not sure what to do next.

15. Farrellcollie macrumors 6502

I was at the apple store having trouble with verizon when trying to switch - it would get to the screen where it asked if I wanted to transfer the new phone to the account in place of the old phone and then would fail every time. I eventually just paired the new phone as a new line and then went back on and cancelled the series 3 by phone when I got home.
    I had a lot of trouble with verizon last year and had hoped to have a better experience with them this year - but it was the same old screwed up verizon.

16. dakota1996 macrumors newbie

I bet they do this because they want to hit you with another $30 activation fee. You will see this because you created a new line. Call then back when you see the charge. Be adamant about them waiving the fee. Explain the situation. They will waive it.