Verizon Backup Assistant problems

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Standardtunes, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Standardtunes macrumors newbie

So I got my new Verizon iphone today and while I'm a total newbie, I've got so far as to make a call on the thing and download the free app for getting my verizon contacts out of my Verizon Backup Assistant. It doesn't want to do it. It tries for a long while and a pinwheel turns, then every time I get a message saying the app has lost its network connection and to please RETRY. Any ideas?

2. rlav macrumors member

Make sure you aren't on WiFi. I haven't tried yet but apparently you have to be on VZW 3G for that to work.

3. robby001 macrumors member

4. elhungarian macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

I used google sync on my old phone and then told iTunes during setup to import my contacts from there. It worked quickly, I'll have to remove a few items that were in gmail before I did the sync. Still painless and requires no bloatware. Fwiw

5. PaperQueen macrumors 6502

PaperQueen

Yup. That's the key--if WiFi is turned on, it won't work. Thanks to rlav for the tip! :)

6. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz