Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EricJD

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
I'm pretty close to my data allotment this month, and I'm trying to figure out when exactly the new billing cycle begins. If my Verizon app says the cycle ends 10/21/2013, does that mean the day of 10/21 is the last day of the previous cycle or the first day of the new cycle?

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
It's the last day of the previous cycle. The billing cycle will begin again on the 22nd.

EricJD

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
Great, thanks. Looks like I'll have to be very conservative tomorrow. Dang it, why did unlimited data plans have to go away?

DollaTwentyFive

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2010
Parts Unknown
Great, thanks. Looks like I'll have to be very conservative tomorrow. Dang it, why did unlimited data plans have to go away?

I know your question is rhetorical but unlimited data went away because the carriers no longer make money on voice and text. The vast majority of users don't pay attention to their data use, unlike yourself. The carriers want people going over because they can charge overage fees. It's only because of a class action suit ( back in the good old days when they were allowed) that you even got a notification. The carriers would rather you not know that you are close to going over.

On that thought -- what kind of horse***** is it that carriers can't be sued in a class action anymore? This is legal racketeering.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.