Carrier Verizon BOGO Deals?

scottcampbell

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 7, 2017
My wife and I both have old iPhones, so a Buy-One-Get-One deal would be great.

I'm curious if anyone has advice on finding good BOGO deals, through Verizon or compatible with Verizon.

Is it always for the latest models, or do they also try to blow out last year's?

Do you always have to add a new line?

Thanks!

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida

I'm curious if anyone has advice on finding good BOGO deals, through Verizon or compatible with Verizon.

Is it always for the latest models, or do they also try to blow out last year's?

Thanks!
You need to contact Verizon but you would either have to start new line or sign up for new contracts on your existing contracts.

Reactions: AreYouIn?

DevinNj

macrumors 6502a
Apr 27, 2016
New Jersey
Verizon's caveats change. You need to see what they currently offer, sometimes it is a new line needed, sometimes it a transfer from another provider, lately the deals push you into unlimited data plans. Also check their website, they'll do online exclusives. I've gotten great deals thru Best Buy/Walmart before so check out what other retailers have to offer as well.

Reactions: scottcampbell

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)

Thanks!
Best thing to do is just go to
www.verizonwireless.com

scottcampbell

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 7, 2017
You guys... :rolleyes:

Duh I will end up at Verizon, obviously people on the forum can't sell me a pair of phones. And I am aware of their web address. :)

I'm simply asking for personal experience, things to watch out for, things that might not be readily apparent when on the carrier's website or talking to their salespeople.

For example, their website isn't going to say "we have this offer now, but you should REALLY wait until Black Friday" or "You can get this cheaper by going through Best Buy."

timeconsumer

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2008
Portland
You guys... :rolleyes:

Duh I will end up at Verizon, obviously people on the forum can't sell me a pair of phones. And I am aware of their web address. :)

I'm simply asking for personal experience, things to watch out for, things that might not be readily apparent when on the carrier's website or talking to their salespeople.

For example, their website isn't going to say "we have this offer now, but you should REALLY wait until Black Friday" or "You can get this cheaper by going through Best Buy."
Yes Black Friday deals are usually the best for what Verizon offers, and it’s usually a BOGO. They usually require a new line to be added. If you’re willing you can port a number to Google Voice and then setup a new line to qualify. This keeps the number of lines on your account the same and you keep your number. Then after 60 or 90 days port the number back in from Google Voice. You’ll want to research if this still works as this was a loophole a lot of people were doing.

Best Buy usually has good deals as they make a down payment for you instead of getting monthly credits.

Target a lot of the times will offer Verizon BOGO and include a target gift card which you can use or sell.

Verizon does have different upgrade/activation fees now. It used to be $20 but now it’s $40 if you upgrade in stores. Here’s what it says:

“The upgrade fee is $20 when upgrading through the My Verizon app or My Verizon online ($40 when activating in a store or by phone.”

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/upgrade-device-faqs/

In my opinion BOGO deals aren’t worth it because you usually have to jump through hoops and sometimes you have to call several times to make sure it gets added. I recommend waiting for Best Buy or Target sales as they usually are better. But if you don’t mind jumping through the hoops for a BOGO and staying with Verizon for 24 months, then go for it.

Reactions: scottcampbell