Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hemifam

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 15, 2016
California
So tonight I received a terrible email saying I had successfully canceled my iPhone XS Max pre order I had placed on 9/14 on my phone via the my Verizon app due to the computer website crashing on my end, they did this without any attempt to contact me whatsoever... obviously I did not cancel my order so I am now on the phone with Verizon trying to figure out why this is happening and what can be done about this. I really hope it can be resolved as Verizon hasn't let me down on a pre order yet but I guess there is a first time for everything. I really hope this does NOT happen to anyone else please be sure to check your emails regularly!

Attachments

• A121428E-D4E6-4DC7-9046-C595A059B420.png
    A121428E-D4E6-4DC7-9046-C595A059B420.png
    45.8 KB · Views: 1,637

Hemifam

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 15, 2016
California
Darn hopefully they can help
According to the rep I spoke too it was an issue with the portal not processing upgrade or payment. Was then told to place a new order with a delivery date of Oct, 3rd then she would see about getting delivery date pushed up or bill credits tomorrow. Pretty ****** they just cancel orders instead of contacting me about it now my wife is pretty bummed.
[doublepost=1537249553][/doublepost]
Damn that’s all bad.
It’s absolutely terrible instead of charging my card and processing my order like they did with many orders tonight they canceled it and put me in the back of the line... :(

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
According to the rep I spoke too it was an issue with the portal not processing upgrade or payment. Was then told to place a new order with a delivery date of Oct, 3rd then she would see about getting delivery date pushed up or bill credits tomorrow. Pretty ****** they just cancel orders instead of contacting me about it now my wife is pretty bummed.
It’s absolutely terrible instead of charging my card and processing my order like they did with many orders tonight they canceled it and put me in the back of the line... :(

Demand they rush you out a phone haha! A set of air pods would also make you feel a lot better.

csi24

macrumors regular
Nov 20, 2007
Maryland
What a ****** situation!

Try Best Buy if you'll be doing a carrier payment plan. They should still have delivery for the 21st and in store pickup for the 21st as well. I know it can be hit or miss when it comes to Best Buy. But it's worth a shot!

gurase

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2015
I haven’t had Verizon in years, but the same thing happened when I preordered the 5S. I had no choice but to reorder and accept a later delivery date. I guess some things haven’t changed.

Reactions: Hemifam

PlainEnvelopes

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2018
This type of thing happens every year. It is sad and you hope it does not happen to you.

I have had so many problems with Verizon, when I have tried to upgrade over the years. Hidden fees, being charged twice, etc. That is why I only deal with Apple when I purchase my phones now. I just pay my monthly bill and never deal with Verizon.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I have had so many problems with Verizon, when I have tried to upgrade over the years. Hidden fees, being charged twice, etc. That is why I only deal with Apple when I purchase my phones now. I just pay my monthly bill and never deal with Verizon.

Yep, I learned my lesson years ago. Have not been ion the AT&T store in 4-5 years. I just guy from Apple at full price and swap SIM cards and never get an activation fee.

cwosigns

macrumors 68020
Jul 8, 2008
Columbus,OH
AT&T did this to me on the launch of the 3GS. From then on, I only waited in line on launch day or ordered on apple.com or the Apple Store app.

Reactions: a reader

a reader

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2018
I feel you, OP. The same thing happened to me back when I preordered the 6+ thru AT&T — no communication whatsoever, just a random cancellation notice like yours. Luckily, I found one in stock at the closest Apple Store the day after launch. I am no longer an AT&T customer.

Hemifam

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 15, 2016
California
When you said Verizon in your title that's all it took for me not to be surprised. Dropped them years ago
Oh yes I have had problem after problem with them lately from charging me for phones I sent back plan issues and now this it may just be time to abandon ship...
[doublepost=1537391103][/doublepost]
What a ****** situation!

Try Best Buy if you'll be doing a carrier payment plan. They should still have delivery for the 21st and in store pickup for the 21st as well. I know it can be hit or miss when it comes to Best Buy. But it's worth a shot!
I may just have to check locally at my Verizon and BestBuy as I do not have an Apple store local to me...
[doublepost=1537391188][/doublepost]
I haven’t had Verizon in years, but the same thing happened when I preordered the 5S. I had no choice but to reorder and accept a later delivery date. I guess some things haven’t changed.
Yup exactly what happened to me I had to reorder with a later date and are now trying to get the ship date to move back up to the 21st somehow or so they say...
[doublepost=1537391223][/doublepost]
Classic Verizon.
I have read a few horror stories over the years but never though it would happen to me the this is insane!
[doublepost=1537391299][/doublepost]
This type of thing happens every year. It is sad and you hope it does not happen to you.
I am honestly still in shock this even happened and still don't know whats gong to happen on the 21st!

Renho

macrumors 68030
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA

just go to bestbuy, they have every color and config for walk ins on launch day still

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.