Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
hey guys has anyone been able to find a verizon carrier logo that works with the iP4.... I'm trying to fool some very naive and non-tech savvy co-workers into thinking I am testing the new upcoming verizon iphone:D (yes very naive lol) anyways the ones I found on cydia for winterboard don't seem to work with the iP4 yet.

*edit* I'm looking for the real graphic and not just writing verizon on make it mine.

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA
Someones an attention whore :rolleyes: this is where the constant "I know someone that works at apple and said..." threads come from. Stop spreading misinformation.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
Someones an attention whore :rolleyes: this is where the constant "I know someone that works at apple and said..." threads come from. Stop spreading misinformation.

wow take a minute to pull that stick out of your a** and relax. It's just a joke with a small group of people at work. Not everyone in the world is on forums or rumor sites posting rumors that they heard somewhere.

And if someone is dumb enough to still believe the "my uncle knows someone who serves coffee to someone at Apple" rumors then they deserve to be deceived because that's just stupid.

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA
I'm all for jokes. I'm not really uptight about anything. I just hate arguing with ignorant people that think they "heard" something. Or think they know for a fact their friend has a verizon iPhone so they argue with me that it's possible to put an iPhone on verizon. I just don't see the need to spread wrong information just so you can get some attention at work.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
wow take a minute to pull that stick out of your a** and relax. It's just a joke with a small group of people at work. Not everyone in the world is on forums or rumor sites posting rumors that they heard somewhere.

And if someone is dumb enough to still believe the "my uncle knows someone who serves coffee to someone at Apple" rumors then they deserve to be deceived because that's just stupid

So if someone doesn't follow forums and all the latest iPhone news, like you said, they derserve to be lied to and decieved? I really wish I worked with you so I could tell all your co-workers how cool you are.

davyreins

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
Ann Arbor
So if someone doesn't follow forums and all the latest iPhone news, like you said, they derserve to be lied to and decieved? I really wish I worked with you so I could tell all your co-workers how cool you are.

It's a joke with some of his friends at work, what's the big deal?

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Apr 10, 2008

wow seriously? is it that big of a deal? I guess people should never change their carrier logos on jailbroken iphones. why does this option even exist? I hate these righteous holier than thou individuals who sit behind a computer screen and judge as if they never played a joke or did anything of this nature in their lives.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
wow seriously? is it that big of a deal? I guess people should never change their carrier logos on jailbroken iphones. why does this option even exist? I hate these righteous holier than thou individuals who sit behind a computer screen and judge as if they never played a joke or did anything of this nature in their lives.

Hey, your words, not mine. I'm not saying you're a bad person or that you shouldn't do it, just that your "joke" isn't that funny. I mean, if I take hacked PSP into work and tell everyone that Sony iporting Ninendo games to it, what's the joke? That my co-workers aren't as tech-savy as I am? Also, I don't really find jokes that mock others people's intelligance on a given subject that funny, but that's just me.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
Hey, your words, not mine. I'm not saying you're a bad person or that you shouldn't do it, just that your "joke" isn't that funny. I mean, if I take hacked PSP into work and tell everyone that Sony iporting Ninendo games to it, what's the joke? That my co-workers aren't as tech-savy as I am? Also, I don't really find jokes that mock others people's intelligance on a given subject that funny, but that's just me.

well you don't really know the situation or the premise, so what you may not find funny, may indeed be funny under certain situations or depending on what led up to it.

tempusfugit

macrumors 65816
May 21, 2009
Chicago
just install FakeCarrier (free) and replace the letters AT&T with VZ or Verizon or something. sounds a lot easier.

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    1,001.4 KB · Views: 104
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.