Verizon changed my family plan during the iPhone pre-order...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gdjsnyder, Feb 3, 2011.

1. gdjsnyder macrumors 6502a

gdjsnyder

My boyfriend and I have a family plan, two lines and we were both upgrade eligible. He did the ordering last night, so when he ordered his phone (primary line) he selected our 700 minute family share and basically all of the other features. However, when he went to upgrade my line they said my plan (secondary - $9.99) was not eligible and we would need to select a new plan. The only option they gave him were individual plans. I wanted the order placed so he placed the order, selecting the 450 minute plan. But now he's being charged for a family share plan, and I'm being charged as if I have an individual plan.

Anyone else run into this problem? He is considering calling Verizon, but I don't want them to cancel our order to fix it, so we'll probably just wait until we get them, but I really don't want our next bill to be over $400 (which the order page said was the estimate).

2. Mudman1948 macrumors newbie

I was going to order iPhones and do basically the same thing for my wife and me, but I realized exactly your issue when trying to upgrade our current phones. Her phone -- for whatever reason -- is the primary phone on that account, so I tried her's first…*but then right before checkout I realized that we I was about to agree to pay $220/month for our plan. I cancelled and am going to a Verizon store in the next few days to see if there is a way to do it without needing 2 separate plans. What would be the point of a family plan otherwise? Additionally, I think we should be allowed to share a data plan if we have a family, but maybe that's just me.

3. Nuc macrumors 6502a

Nuc

The same thing happened to me. When I tried to adda family share plan it would let me select it. Then after adding the second line it would only let me do the individual plan. So I didn't order. Guess I'll try the VZ store.

4. gdjsnyder thread starter macrumors 6502a

gdjsnyder

We have our phones, but we're not activating them until Saturday. I'm just going to activate them and if there is a problem with our billing I'll just head over to a Verizon store at some point.