Verizon changed their logo, and gave me an upgrade!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kevsta26, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Kevsta26 macrumors 6502a

Check your accounts Verizon customers!

I think Verizon is finally coming around and being nicer to their customers.

A few hours ago, they annouced their change of their company logo and image as a company. Then, I checked my Verizon account, and I now have an upgrade available!

I've been ranting and ranting at them the past few days and they kept saying there was nothing they could do for me, but then to my pleasant suprise, I check my account, and my upgrade is available today! Now I'll be able to preorder the 6S ASAP! I couldn't be happier :)

2. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

I just checked and didn't see any changes. ????

3. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

It's almost as if everything we had been telling you (just to chill b/c customers close to upgrades will probably be upgraded) before all of your ranting and raving and complaining was...actually true. How about that. Congrats.

4. Kevsta26 thread starter macrumors 6502a

If other people aren't seeing changes, it could've actually just been me. That means all my ranting and raving and complaining actually paid off because they listened to my messages on their forums and Twitter DM's and gave it to me 3 weeks early.

5. finalcutter macrumors newbie

Mine just changed as well - went from 9/22 to 9/3.

6. Kevsta26 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah? That's awesome! Mine was on the 22nd as well. I think maybe Verizon decided they'd follow AT&T and give people upgrades the same month their contract ends. This is great news for all of us that wanted to preorder the 6S :)

7. throwthedice macrumors regular

Hang on. You're happy that you got your upgrade dates moved from 9/22 to 9/3? It's not the end of the world if you get a phone 2.5 weeks early. :p

Anyways, good for you, I suppose.

8. Kevsta26 thread starter macrumors 6502a

More like 1-2 months early :p Generally, if you don't preorder the iPhone you want right when preorders start, good luck getting it for the next few months :p

9. jasonklee macrumors 6502

jasonklee

On the main page it says my upgrade date is 9/22 but if I go to the Upgrade Device submenu it says I'm eligible for an upgrade as of today. Can't wait for September 9th so I can upgrade from my iPhone 5.

10. Kevsta26 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, mine still says 9/22 in some places, as well. You're going to love the 6S! The big screen and Touch ID alone are worth it!

11. jasonklee macrumors 6502

jasonklee

If I drill through the menus enough it allows me to upgrade and select a phone. For a split second I was tempted to get an iPhone 6! Gotta wait just a few more days...

I'm especially looking forward to Touch ID because I have a long password set on my phone so you can imagine the annoyance for the last 3 years of having to type it in every time I need to reply to an e-mail.

But thanks for the heads-up, dude, because I haven't heard about this update from anywhere.

12. briankeith513 macrumors 6502a

briankeith513

Yep, exact same thing for me.

13. Kevsta26 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I was as suprised about getting an early upgrade as you probably are. I'm just guessing it has to do something with Verizon changing their image and logo and site and everything that now they're giving people actual upgrades early.

I would imagine entering in a long password would be a hassle! I have a 6 digit one on iOS 9 Beta and even that would be annoying to enter in all the time without Touch ID.

14. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Wait...are you saying corporate didn't make some huge exception to their rules just for you because you raised such a stink? Shocker.

Following ATT has nothing to do with it. As we told you earlier, they've done it before, and they'd probably do it again.