Verizon changing shipping times?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Davewithak, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Davewithak macrumors regular

Last night when I ordered my iP4S, it said there was a delivery estimate of October 14th. However, this morning when I checked the status of my order, it said it's processing and that the shipping estimate is October 14th.. Is this normal? Do you think I'll actually get it on the 14th?

2. greenchiliman macrumors 6502

My email confirmation says "shipped to arrive on 10/14/2011"

Please let us know if it says something different.

3. chrislaw macrumors 6502a

chrislaw

4. greenchiliman macrumors 6502

Just checked my order status via verizon and it does say ships 10/14. I still think it is "shipped to deliver on 10/14" but their system is set up to enter only a date.

5. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

We were just discussing this in another thread (don't remember which, haha).

The general consensus at this point is that the "Shipping 10/14" date is a placeholder for now. We will just have to wait and see, but I still believe they will be shipping the units out prior to the launch date. They really have no reason not to that I can see.

6. Davewithak thread starter macrumors regular

My email says "Thank you for your order. It is being processed and will be shipped to arrive on 10/14/11.

You will receive notification once it has shipped."

I guess we'll see.

7. richard4339 macrumors 6502a

richard4339

Yeah, I got my preorder in a few minutes after they opened. Email confirmation came in an hour after. Email said delivery by the 14th, order status says shipping on the 14th.

If it's like the iPhone 4 launch, they'll arrive by the 14th. But who knows.

8. EmbraceTheOne macrumors 6502a

9. chrislaw, Oct 7, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2011

chrislaw macrumors 6502a

chrislaw

I am not able to check my order status. I got a confirmation email but when i try to check the order status it says that there has be a technical difficulty processing your order, please contact us.

Anyone else have this issue?

Edit: Nevermind. Where it asks for my order number, I put in my order number. But it actually wanted my confirmation number. Mine also says expected ship date 10/14/2011

10. iphoneIA macrumors regular

I ordered the IP4 in February on the day of Verizon launch. My said the same thing and I my wife and I received our phones the day before the public launch of the phone. So you might get the phone the day before on the 13th. Maybe.

11. GaresTaylan macrumors 6502a

Mine has changed as well. I called in to customer service to discuss and they were clueless.

12. Uln4321 macrumors regular

Thanks for the edit! I guess when they say order number they really mean confirmation number even though they gave me a order number. They couldn't make that anymore confusing.

Has anyones credit card been charged yet? nothing has happened to mine

13. chrislaw macrumors 6502a

chrislaw

Yeah doesn't really make much sense. Maybe once they ship you follow it by the order number? I don't know. I always buy in the store.

14. Ksizzle9 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Likely won't be charged til it ships. Mine says the same as everyone else. I will say that Verizon started the preorder for the ip4 on Feb 3, due to ship on Feb 10 the launch date, I actually received mine around the 6th, 7th at latest. Also to add a little more substance to vzw getting them out early, they even started the pre order about 20 min early, as they did with the 4 in feb.

15. apearlb macrumors newbie

Changed?

I ordered my phone from Verizon and finished checkout by 2:11 am (central time so 11 minutes after "pre-order launch"). My original confirmation in my inbox when I got up at 5 am said, to be shipped out to arrive October 14....then when I put in the confirmation number it said ship by October 14th.

Now I was just a little bored waiting for my kids to get home so I checked again and it says due to ship October 21st! Which would really stink because I'll be away from home and I was hoping to have the phone before my trip. I know it might be a cautionary note but what's the point of preorders (especially when you wake up to start them 1 minute after "launch") and then somehow they don't know when it'll ship. I mean, I thought it was first come, first served. But I guess I usually avoid the buying frenzy - it just happened that this launch came right when I was planning my first vacation in 10 years with my husband...Oh well. Hopefully it's cautionary and it'll show up for me before we leave. :(