Verizon charges extra to get mail from an Exchange server???

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by russ9, Jan 18, 2012.

1. russ9 macrumors newbie

WTF? Is this true? I was about to buy my first iPhone, but I can't believe this isn't a bigger story. How can they really enforce it?

"Get access to server–based Corporate Email running on Microsoft Exchange, IBM Lotus Domino, or Novell® Groupwise®, and/or company intranet sites for an additional $15 monthly access on the $30 data package/plan; included in the $50 and $80 data packages/plans for a limited time."

I only need the 2gb plan, but don't wanna pay $15 more just to read my work email. Anyone have experience with this?

2. chrfr macrumors 603

They can't enforce it, so don't pay the extra. It's ridiculous.

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

Verizon always had this (at least for a very long long time now). It's not related to simply getting mail from Exchange servers, it's mainly for specific corporate users that have their email setup in some particular way that might require this particular data feature. Pretty much no one needs this and is required to have it, just some people in some corporate situations might depending on how their email is hosted and set up. Really nothing to worry about in the end.