Carrier Verizon Conference Calling

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lilfool4life, Nov 8, 2014.

1. lilfool4life, Nov 8, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2014

lilfool4life macrumors member

Hello everyone, I'm waiting on my iPhone 6 plus from verizon to come in and I searched a bit for this answer but no one has clearly answered this. Now I know that the iPhone 6 and 6 plus has the advance 1.0 calling feature on it which we can now do HD calling and as well as 6 way calling but I just have a couple of questions.

1. Is it truly 6 way calling just like AT&T where I can do this with landlines and other networks or is it only with other phones on verizon with voLTE?

2. If I'm already on a call and a second incoming call comes in, am I able to merge that call to the existing line or I have to tell the caller to hang up and then I proceed to call everyone at once like all CDMA iPhones had done in the past for multiple calls?

Sorry if this has already been answered as I tried searching but haven't had much luck. Thanks guys!

2. lilfool4life thread starter macrumors member

3. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

It's entirely possible that nobody here knows for sure. Have you called Verizon and asked them? It's their network, so I figure they'd know the most.

4. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

You might have to try it and find out yourself, and report back here because now I'm curious. :)

I do know that CDMA is not 6-way. Not sure if the same restriction applies to LTE.

5. lilfool4life thread starter macrumors member

I guess that's possible.. Was hoping someone who already has it would test out the theory haha thanks for the reply.

Yeah I figure that's the most logical way of finding out which is trying it out for myself haha. Guess I'll just have to wait and I'll report back here when I receive the phone!