Verizon contacts to iPhone via bitpim

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by biggoalie31, Feb 19, 2013.

1. biggoalie31 macrumors newbie

OK this has probably been covered....but I can't find exactly what I need in my searching.

I have an old enV2 (I know....stoneage) that I've been using forever....creature of habit. I'm switching to an iphone. I can get my contacts off the enV2 via bitpim. I can not export via vcard...I keep getting error messages. I have the csv file. I want to get those numbers to my iphone as contacts (no e-mail addresses).

When I tried, I got a mega list....one with just names (and no numbers) and one with just numbers (and no names).

How do I get what I have to go where I want it to go?

2. biggoalie31 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. biggoalie31 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. biggoalie31 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. Weaselboy, Feb 23, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2013

Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

You need to convert the CSV file to a VCARD file. If you Google "convert csv to card" you will find some programs to do that for you. You will also see some online conversion tools to do it for you.

Once you have the VCARD file, just email it to yourself and open it on the iPhone and the contacts will be imported to the phone's address book.

If you are getting data fields you don't want, you can open the CSV file in a spreadsheet program like Excel or Numbers to edit the file.

Edit: Another idea. If you have a Verizon store nearby you might stop by with the old phone and let them give it a try. I know they have some apps that can pull contacts for you.