Verizon Contacts Transfer

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jrmines12, Jun 13, 2009.

1. jrmines12 macrumors newbie

Hey all! I turn to this forum often for answers and it is often that i find them even when I'm not looking for them, so now I pose a question to you.

I am coming over to AT&T from Verizon after much thought and a need to quench my thirst for an iPhone. With that said, my question is for any of you who have made the switch is there an ideal way of moving your contacts from your Verizon phone (in my case the LG Dare) to the iPhone. I have far too many to enter by hand in my opinion so I'm looking for something a bit more quick and simple. Is there such a way?

2. wr1020 macrumors regular

I want to do the same thing but Verizon being Verizon i can't seem to get my voyager hooked up with my macbook through bluetooth. I'm able to see it on my macbook but when i try to sync a contact it won't let me. I can transfer a song or sound etc from my phone to the mac but nothing from the mac to the phone.

3. blurb23 macrumors 6502a

You have two options:

1) Send all of your contacts as vCards via Bluetooth and add them to Address Book

2) The AT&T store was kind enough to transfer all of my contacts from my Voyager to my 3G.

4. orange42 macrumors 6502a

AT&T transferred my contacts from my Verizon LG Chocolate to my new iPhone without a problem.

5. MEDiphone macrumors member

I

I am switching from Verizon as well. I also have a Lenovo thinkpad. What is the best way to keep contacts organized and backed-up on an iphone if I get ATT to transfer my numbers onto the iphone the day I pick it up?
    cheers

6. PD081 macrumors member

I also have an LG Dare from Verizon. I'm hoping that when I get my iPhone they can transfer over my contacts at the AT&T store.

7. snatefinch macrumors member

I am getting an iPhone but my friend is getting an LG Xenon on our plan. I am not worried about my contacts, but he has a whole bunch on his current Verizon pay as you go phone. Will they transfer the contacts from that phone to the Xenon? And is it only the AT&T store that will do it, or will Best Buy do it, which is where we are getting him the Xenon since its cheaper.

8. Nukemkb macrumors 6502a

Nukemkb

Good to know!