Verizon cracking down on tethering?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ECUpirate44, Aug 14, 2011.

1. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

If you look on CNN, engadget, and Cnet, there are articles claiming that like AT&T, Verizon is starting to crack down on iPhone and Android users who use apps like MyWi to tether. One of the articles said Verizon users were redirected to Verizonwireless.com when they tethered their iPhone to another device. My question is, has anyone here gotten a warning, text, or been redirected to Verizonwireless.com when tethering?

2. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

Nope, and if it happens ill be taking my business to sprint. I dont carw if their network sucks because cell phones are becoming obsolete imo. Ipad ftw

3. wpotere Guest

By the posting of record sales even in a recession, I hardly think that they are becoming obsolete. I for one will never carry an iPad around as I don't need it and it is a waste of space. :rolleyes:

I'd expect Verizon to also crack down on tethering as well, especially if it is a package that you have to pay for. If they don't, they are losing money.

4. ECUpirate44 thread starter macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Eventually Sprint will drop their unlimited plan as well, it's only a matter of time. As far as cell phones becoming obsolete, I just have to say your dead wrong on that.