Verizon Data-Only for iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacVault, Sep 26, 2014.

1. MacVault macrumors 65816

Anyone know how to get the month-to-month Verizon iPad data-only plan on the iPhone 6? I've been doing this with iPhone 4 on AT&T for a few years. Want to switch to Verizon and iPhone 6.

2. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Activate plan on iPad and move SIM card to iPhone? :cool:

3. MacVault thread starter macrumors 65816

Any way to activate this sim without an iPad? ie. With AT&T you can activate an iPad sim at att.com.

4. DrakeMcEachern macrumors 6502

You're best bet is finding a Verizon iPad and activing a fresh sim in it and then transferring the sim to the phone. You could try calling Verizon and asking for an iPad sim, but I doubt they'll send you one.

5. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Nope. Well, kinda. Verizon requires a valid Verizon ESN/MEID/IMEI for SIM card activation. You don't need the actual iPad to be physically with you but you do need a valid, whitelisted iPad or tablet ESN/MEID/IMEI in order to do the activation on their website.

6. MacVault thread starter macrumors 65816

Bummer! I might have to stay with AT&T then. Why don't they support data-only plans on the iPhones? I'm fully willing to pay full price for the device so they don't have to subsidize! :mad::mad::mad:

7. Tzuten macrumors 6502

To keep people from ditching their line charges and using a service like Google talk. One of the reasons why you don't see data iPods I assume.