Verizon data plan question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by InsanelyApple, Jan 22, 2011.

1. InsanelyApple macrumors 6502

InsanelyApple

I am planing to get the iPhone on Verizon. I will probably chose the 150mb plan, but if I keep going over I want to know if I could change it to unlimited later on without having to pay a fee.

Thanks. :cool:

2. mpossoff macrumors 68020

A friend of mine asked Verizon about the iPhone and Verizon said they are not sure about the specifics about the the data plan pricing which makes me think Verizon might not have unltd data for the iPhone.

3. akkkmed macrumors 6502

Yes. Before the billing period ends, you can activate the unlimited plan. (If it doesn't work online, call them and have them do it.) I've asked them numerous times about this over the past years.

4. InsanelyApple thread starter macrumors 6502

InsanelyApple

This may sound stupid, but I have never heard the term "billing period" before. What does it mean? Is it the first bill?

5. saberahul macrumors 68040

I believe he means the time before your next monthly cycle starts. I could be wrong though.

6. gvillager macrumors newbie

I'm sure they are keeping the unlimited data for $30/month, but the $15-150 mb plan may be discontinued by the time the iPhone is released.

7. akkkmed macrumors 6502

Yes, it's the 31 day period that you're billed for. Like my 'billing period' just ended yesterday, so my new billing period/cycle started today. And it will end February 21st. And so on and so on.

8. aneftp macrumors 68040

I am sure verizon will keep the limited 150mb/$15 data plan for iPhones. They do this with their other smartphones.

The other reason is cause Att offers a similar options with the 200mb/$15 data plan for their iPhone.

Verizon would be at a competitive disadvantage to Att by not offering the $15 option especially to light data users or those around wifi most of the time.

9. InsanelyApple, Jan 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2011

InsanelyApple thread starter macrumors 6502

InsanelyApple

So I can switch. Awesome.

10. AppleNewton macrumors 68000

AppleNewton

It's pretty easy to change up features on your Verizon lines/bill/plan during the month of your 'Billing Cycle' they adjust it all for you or you can online too...never had trouble with them swapping features and crediting the difference to my account.

And I'd like to imagine they'd keep the unlimited...I just don't see how or why they would really wanna piss off iPhone/Apple customers coming in like that.
    I'm sure theyve done their homework on what wouldnt and would go over well on iPhone/Apple users too...and now with the mobile hot-spot feature and iPhone users liking to have the flexibility, wouldn't make sense on just a 150MB data plan or stifled plan at all.

11. InsanelyApple thread starter macrumors 6502

InsanelyApple

Thanks.

12. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Since they haven't released that info yet noone knows. Were all guessing.
    Wait for the official data plans for the iPhone to be announced and then you can decide what, how much etc.