Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daleycss

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 7, 2010
Has there ever or will there ever be a cheaper data plan? Everywhere I go I have Wi-Fi so I don't need data that much.. And Verizon is so expensive...

Dsync

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2010
USA
Totally! Verizon is planning to introduce the limited data plans like ATT's soon. Those promise to be quite cheaper.

Dsync

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2010
USA
It seems logical that they would move to the limited plans. I'm personally not in favor of it, but I accept it.

Hasn't the verizon CEO confirmed it anyway?

daleycss

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 7, 2010
yeah but that doesn't mean anything.. I guess what I'm asking is more of when it will happen, not if....

Dsync

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2010
USA
That's all just speculation right now. But I've heard "mid summer" on a few tech rumor sites. I'd personally like to see some FAMILY PLANS for data!!

forcetactic

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2010
T-mobile just released data plans where if you go over your limit, they just throttle your speeds and not charge you more. So 200MB is technically unlimited but with much slower speeds after

Small chance that Verizon will introduce that kind of tiered but one can hope

daleycss

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 7, 2010
um i kinda shattered my blackberry.... tehe. apparently if it falls off a bus and gets run over, it wont work anymore...

daleycss

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 7, 2010
yeah but i had it through my job... i had it, got sick of it, and when blackberry got ruined,they gave me a cheap little flip phone. they said i hav to pay to get a new phone. well, i was moving away from savannah anyway and leave my job... going to wait and save up some cash for the iPhone 4.. The data plan is just irritating because I barely used it..

pyro008

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2011
Has there ever or will there ever be a cheaper data plan? Everywhere I go I have Wi-Fi so I don't need data that much.. And Verizon is so expensive...

Why not get an iPod Touch or iPad then?

I'm exactly the opposite...I have an iPod touch and am frustrated by the somewhat limited areas I can use it due to lack of wifi, so I'm getting an iphone soon.

chris2k5

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2010
I don't see a point in spending the money if he is in Wi-Fi a lot. He may have his own reasons but it will end up costing him more than it should.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.