Verizon data plans

Discussion in 'iPad' started by tl01, Mar 18, 2012.

1. tl01 macrumors 68000

Ive been debating between the 1gb for $20 or 2gb for $30 plans. Am I correct in my understanding of the plans that when the 1 gb is up my option is to purchase another at the same price? On the month to month , the overage is only $10. Seems like the 2 gb makes the most sense.... Or not?;)

2. KPOM macrumors G5

Yes, on the 1GB plan if you use up the data and have auto renewal set, it will purchase a new plan for the same price. Alternatively, once you are getting close, you get a message from Verizon, and at that time can decide if you want to renew with a larger plan.

3. kardiackeith macrumors member

4. c5bill macrumors newbie

VZ Hotspot on 1GB plan??

I don't actually plan on using it that much, but is the hotspot feature also available on the 1GB/$20 plan? I set up my 64GB LTE on the $20 plan Friday and there is no Hotspot menu in setting yet?

5. payup macrumors member

I somehow used up 1.3 GB of data in the first day when I got the iPad. I was doing restore and downloading all the apps, but had wifi connection on-hand as well, so I'm not sure how that happened. I'd recommend the 2GB plan simply because the overage charges are $10 vs. $20 per GB. And also turn off cellular data when not using it just to be on the safe side.

----------

Go to settings > general > network and then hotspot should appear in the settings menu

6. tl01 thread starter macrumors 68000

How can it use data more quickly than a 3G unit? Wouldn't it just download the same amount of data more quickly?

7. KPOM macrumors G5

Yes. If you are doing the same tasks, it will download the same amount of data. That said, because it downloads so quickly, you may be tempted to use it more, particularly if you tether. My advice if you are looking at the $20 plan is to see if you can stay within 1GB for the first month, and if not, then update to the larger plan after the 1GB runs out.

8. c5bill macrumors newbie

9. AppChat macrumors regular

This is why I got wifi only . So I don't have to pay extra on monthly bills just to use the iPad

10. Whorehay macrumors 6502a

Whorehay

You don't need to on the 4G version either... it comes with WiFi too.

11. AppChat macrumors regular

but if u want to use 4g u have to

12. truthiness macrumors regular

that's the point.

13. AppChat macrumors regular

yeah im gonna pay more money on top of the iphone dta to use ipad LOL

personal hotspot ftw