Verizon Early Upgrade? (Eligible on Apr. 6 '12)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rbkhockey83, Oct 13, 2011.

1. rbkhockey83 macrumors member

Hi guys, I have the original Motorola Droid 1 (the things a fossil). But I bought it like the day before the Droid 2 came out (August 6th 2010). I hate the POS so much, the vibrate doesn't work for text messages and never has. I took it to the store once and they were puzzled at first then got it to work, but it stopped working again shortly after. Haven't went back in about a year.

So I'm wondering if you guys think I could get an early upgrade. I'm on a family plan of 5 people and we have been Verizon customers for a long long time (probably since they became a major service). It's actually my parents account and they got iPhone 4's earlier this year and I am very jealous.

As far as I know we haven't got any emails about early upgrades, do you guys have any tips (how would I go about trying to get an early upgrade)? Is the "broken" vibrate a good reason for an early upgrade? Another reason is the Droid 1 has absolutely no support whatsoever, I'm still running Froyo and the phone is slower then molasses, the guy at Verizon told me I had too many apps (85 apps on the phone).

Thanks,
    Sean

2. BuckDot macrumors member

Hate to break it to you but I really doubt it... usually with family share plans the only number that'd be eligible for an early upgrade (if they're even doing that anymore) is the primary.

3. christyn macrumors 6502a

I doubt they will push you up given your eligibility date, but doesn't hurt to call and ask.