Verizon Early Upgrade Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by InsanelyApple, Jan 25, 2011.

1. InsanelyApple macrumors 6502

InsanelyApple

Last one of these question threads I make, I swear guys! Haha!

Okay, I currently have a Motorola Rival. No wonder they call it that, I hate that phone! It's very glitchy, I'm on my fourth warranty phone, and I just gave up trying to get a good phone after that. It sends texts before I'm done, mutes the phone during calls, presses buttons when I don't press them, and other really annoying stuff.

I am 2 months and 1 day away from my upgrade date at Verizon. (Specific I know, I'm counting down, because of this f@*^$ing phone.) I am wondering if Verizon could possibly get my upgrade date sooner than what it is. I have gotten mixed yes'es and no'es while searching on Google. So do I have a chance with a nice Customer Service Rep or am I forced to suffer for another 2 months and 1 day with the phone?

2. alectheking macrumors 6502a

I know they will give it to you a month ahead of time for sure and sometimes 2.. just call and tell them your crap story and hopefully they will move yours up.

3. InsanelyApple, Jan 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2011

InsanelyApple thread starter macrumors 6502

InsanelyApple

Okay, I'll try it tomorrow or eventually. Thanks. :D

Though I would like a couple more people to answer. Just to make sure.

4. macjunkie33 macrumors member

I wouldn't sweat it, just go in and be polite and explain that your current phone is not functioning. I'm sure they want you to sign a new contract. If you are currently on a data plan you should be set. If your bill is 100 bucks or more a month or on a family plan they generally hook you up. In their eyes they are locking you in for a data plan for 2 years so why would they not let you upgrade early? I do know they are getting rid of the early upgrade credit next year so not sure if it affects current upgrades. I don't think it does. Good luck.

5. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

A lot of other users have been complaining that Verizon won't. It seems like the official rule is no, but a lax CSR can change that. Best of luck.