Verizon Edge + iPhone 6. No line access fee discount?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by atomickevin, Sep 12, 2014.

1. atomickevin macrumors newbie

atomickevin

I am moving to Verizon from AT&T and preordered an iPhone 6 via Verzion's website this morning. I went the Edge route which from my understanding gives a $10 discount on the $40 line access fee for "More Everything" plans less than 10GB and a $25 discount for 10GB and up.

To my surprise, there is no mention of the discount and the line access charge is listed as $40 in my order confirmation.

What gives?

2. jbromer macrumors 6502a

jbromer

It's a promo that has to be applied, it will take a billing cycle or so, and I read somewhere else you actually have to go to "features" and "add" it to your plan. Also, it depends on whether you did early edge or not. If you edged up early, you will probably have to send them your old phone first...

3. atomickevin thread starter macrumors newbie

atomickevin

I'm a new Verizon customer so this isn't an "Edge up" but a new order altogether. I did a mock 5S order with the Edge option selected and the line access fee discount is automatically added.

I'm hoping the discount not showing in my order confirmation is just a glitch in the preorder process and the discount will be reflected in my bill. Would be strange if it's a promotion that has to be manually selected after the fact. Verizon specifically markets Edge as paying full retail for the phone over time and in return getting a discount from the marked up subsidized plans.

We shall see.

4. leenak macrumors 68020

I have the same thing but I saw something from someone who said it took a billing cycle to get the discount applied.