Verizon 'Family Plan' question by a single mom

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by agkm800, Oct 25, 2010.

1. agkm800 macrumors 6502a

agkm800

My sister is a Verizon user and has a teenager. She wants to know if the 'detailed billing' option will give her all the phone numbers that her daughter calls and receives. She is worried if it would show the detailed call history of the main line only.

I will try to call Verizon on my sister's behalf (my sis does not speak fluent English) but I wanted to hear from actual users as well.

2. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

I believe so. I know AT&T does this without any opt-in for a "detailing billing." I was on Verizon not too long ago, but I don't recall looking at the bill closely. Still, listing all the numbers is pretty standard.

3. gldubzakjr macrumors member

gldubzakjr

As a longtime Verizon user; yes, you can request detailed billing, but I believe they charge extra for this service should you want paper copies.

As an alternative, signup for the online account maintenance and you'll have access to the detailed billing for free. Using this method, you'll be able to view each phone line, the individual calls as well as copies of all text messages sent and received from each phone.

I hope this information helps and I know you'll enjoy Verizon. I have travelled all over the U.S. and rarely was anywhere I did not have service, including Yellowstone National Park; where I actually had high speed Internet access.

Good luck and enjoy...

4. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Oh yeah, all the numbers will be available. Just make sure she signs up for the online account access, and she'll be able to see it all. Plus, calls show up much sooner online rather than in the mail.