Carrier Verizon Family Plan Unlimited Upgrade Transfer

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DSchwartz88, Sep 11, 2015.

1. DSchwartz88 macrumors 6502

Trying to figure out a Verizon oddity/loophole when it comes to unlimited data. I seem to remember this working in 2013 (last time I had an upgrade), but i've been getting conflicting answers form VZW customer service reps, so figured i'd ask here.

I am on a family plan with 5 lines. Line 1 has unlimited data and an upgrade. Line 2 has 2GB data and no upgrade.

If I transfer Line 1's upgrade to Line 2 and order & activate an iPhone 6S (on Line 2), will Line 1 still have unlimited data? From my experience, the line that actually does the upgrade (not the line it came from) will have its plan changed in some way. Is this still correct?

2. flur macrumors 68000

This sounds correct to me. BUT you'll need a very knowledgeable rep to do it, as they have a lot of "bugs" in their system that can make a mess of it. So definitely go in-store to do it all.

3. mso4 macrumors regular

If you do this, line 1 contract will extend for 2 years, and UDP stays intact. Line 2 remains unchanged. I would recommend you only do this on VZ.com, do not involve a VZ rep since they can manually remove your UDP if you see a new iP6s on there. When then new iP6s arrive, make phone calls and use it on line 2 for at least an hour before switching SIM cards. Good luck!

4. audiofx macrumors regular

My UDP line was eligible i did a transfer to a non UDP line and it still showed full price or monthly payment options :( I just ordered full price and will make sure they dont try and extend my contract