Verizon free 32gb 5C upgrades

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Parise, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Parise macrumors 6502a

Parise

My girl just got hers today but we had to go to a "corporate store". Only had to pay 30 bucks for upgrade fee. Don't think it's a public thing either, because salesman didn't even know about it. Obviously you need an upgrade but hers was an early one (3 or so months away).

2. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

Yeah we got an email about my mom being eligible. She's had her LG Env3 for ages! She has an LTE iPad 4th gen but doesn't see the need for a smartphone.

3. aneftp macrumors 601

I hope u have used her upgrade eligibility on her line. Cause u would be literally giving verizon money if u forgo your upgrades on that lg line.

4. memorygirl macrumors newbie

Can you tell me how you received this offer? Were with Verizon too with two smartphones and two basic. My sons basic line is coming due for an upgrade early next month and we were thinking an iPhone. Thanks.

5. bballintom22 macrumors newbie

Got the same offer on one of my lines (dumb phone) that isn't due for an upgrade until later this year (Dec). However, one of my other dumb phone line didn't get it. I wonder if I can get them to do it for that line as well.

Also, I wonder if will they substitute it for a 16GB 5s since it would be the same price?

6. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

Nope. I can't get my parents to understand how all of that works. We keep our phones until they die. So Verizon getting rid of subsidies and contracts would be awesome for us...

7. aneftp macrumors 601

But if u are still using a flip phone or feature messenging phone. Verizon is still RAISING prices on you. They can't make money off $9.99 add a line flip phone users. They basically force data plans down your throat in newer mobile sharing plans whether u have flip phone or not!

8. memorygirl macrumors newbie

Thank you for posting this offer. We were able to visit a Verizon store and upgrade my sons old basic phone to the 32gb 5c for free (well they did charge the $30 upgrade fee).

9. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

We have three iPhones and an iPad along with the dumb phone, so the data plan does get used lol. My parents (or at least my mom) don't seem to care that you pay more for the phone than you need to if you don't upgrade. If I want the iPhone 6 to replace my 5 when my contract is up next January, I'll probably have to pay for it myself.

10. SpyderBite macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

But to be fair, even your new refrigerator is going to use LTE data the next time you replace it. Many public libraries in the US are offering digital books in lieu of a yearly library card fee.

Said it in the 90s when my parents wouldn't get a computer.. And I'll say it again now. It's easier to adapt to change earlier than later.

11. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

I wish they would offer an off-contract deal on the 5c. I really want to rock one even though I have a 5, but I'm not going to pay full price and even some of the prices on other sites like Swappa are bit to much for me. I would rather save for the 6 later this year.

If I were to get one, I would get the green 32GB. I shall cal it, ZombiPhone. :D

12. aneftp macrumors 601

Not many peeps buying 5c 32gb. See a lot of 5C 16gb going for around $300 used on Craigslist.

13. jwp333 macrumors member

I got the offer by email too. Have an iPhone 4 currently that's been off contract for about 6 months. I can live with the 4, but I have been too lazy to figure out a way to lower my bill through prepay. Pay about $81 a month now which is about what I paid under contract. I assume I'd be paying the same with the 5C. Maybe there's no real downside other than giving up on the 5s or the 6 when it arrives.

14. jwp333 macrumors member

Anybody else take up this offer on verizon?

A dead thread, so I'm hoping to get some more opinions on this. There is a week to go until this offer ends. Has anyone else done it? Or is this deal easy to take a pass on? Any chance Verizon will offer me a better deal next month?

15. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

I don't believe that Verizon offers deals like this specifically for subscribers due for upgrades very often, especially on an iPhone. Personally I'd take it if you don't mind having a new contract unless you want to wait for the 5s to drop in price when the 6 comes out in the fall.

16. Dontazemebro macrumors 68020

Dontazemebro

I never thought I see the day that they would literally be giving away last year's model for free. I guess they have to deplete the current stock somehow and make room for the multitude of 6s.

17. crzdcolombian macrumors 6502a

crzdcolombian

the 5c has been free with 2 year contract since like November at a ton of places or 19 bucks. 32gb one free is pretty awesome but we are 5 months away from the iPhone 6 launch so probably should wait if you can.

18. C DM macrumors Westmere

A subsidized phone is hardly free, let alone literally.