Verizon granfathered unlimited data plan trouble

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rbf1138, Sep 11, 2015.

1. rbf1138 macrumors 6502

I'm using the Apple Store app to practice buying my 6S for tonight at full price, keeping my exisiting plan with grandfathered unlimited data. I'm going through all the steps with a regular iPhone 6, and when I get to the page to select a data plan, and it isn't giving me the "Keep existing plan" choice. I can only choose to keep my base and messaging but the data plan part is asking me for one of their new data plans! Anyone have any idea what to do here?

2. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

I didn't have that issue.. When I chose to pay full price it just showed my current plan and UDP and I got all the way to the pay screen before I closed out.

3. rbf1138 thread starter macrumors 6502

This is what I'm seeing. The Continue option is grayed out when I get past that first screen!

Attached Files:

4. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

You're clearly doing something wrong as the price is showing $299 which is subisidized. It should be showing $749 or whatever the full retail is of the device you want. I'm able to do it without fail each time.

5. JFazYankees macrumors 6502

JFazYankees

Look carefully at that price. That's the two-year contract price. You need to select the full retail price, which for that model, will be $849.

6. rbf1138 thread starter macrumors 6502

It's not giving me the option to pay full retail...I put in my phone number, billing and social security, then it asks for my Verizon account passcode. After that the only thing it shows me is the subsidized prices at the bottom, no option for full retail. Here's that page:

Attached Files:

7. 0r30 macrumors 6502

0r30

Odd. Im not given option to make to make plan changes. It automatically keeps my whole plan with UDP the same and gives me the option to do apple pay.

Edit: I am not sure if last year there was a option to do full retail however, when I attempted to do things online I would not get the option for full retail. This time around it is letting me do the full retail option. Unfortunately last year I was forced to go in store.

8. JFazYankees macrumors 6502

JFazYankees

If your line is eligible for a subsidized upgrade, it's possible you may not be able to buy at full price using the Apple Store. app.

9. flur macrumors 68000

So I just tried this and I'm having the same issue. What's interesting is that I'm on one of the new plans that doesn't offer subsidies, and it will still only offer me subsidized pricing. I'm just giving up and am going to order through the website, which DOES let me choose pay in full.

10. rbf1138 thread starter macrumors 6502

There's no way that could be the case. I've been off-contract with Verizon the last two years and been able to purchase it full price without a problem.

11. flur macrumors 68000

So I just tried again but instead of the "get ready to pre-order" link I went to the shop link and selected the 6s. The option is there, just not in the other place. So it *might* be fine for me when it's actually live and time to order.

12. rbf1138 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, it works if I do it this way fine.

13. 0r30 macrumors 6502

0r30

I would call Verizon and make sure everything is A ok. Last year I stayed up late and was SOL when I ran into this problem.

14. flur macrumors 68000

I *did* see an option to buy the Verizon phone without a plan, so if the app is fighting you, that'd be an option too. Or just use the website.

15. rbf1138 thread starter macrumors 6502

Agent I just spoke to said I should be able to upgrade at full price and keep my plan no problem...

16. 0r30 macrumors 6502

0r30

You might have to order straight from Verizon if going through apple keeps giving issues.